News AMD Ryzen 4000 Lands in HP Envy 2020 Laptop Lineup

I'm a bit sad that HP is limiting the AMD Envy 360's to only 8GB RAM instead of the 12GB you can get on the Intel. With iGPU reserved RAM it isn't difficult to use the 8GB RAM in a laptop and then affect performance.

sstanic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2016
And I need and want a AMD 4900HS 15" or 17" touch 4K HDR OLED, possibly with Dolby Vision, and a bigger battery. And they all seem intent to not make one even similar..

Considering how the 10875H performs a bit slower and consumes 50% more power than the 4900HS, I see no reason why OEMs should bother offering 10th-gen Intel CPUs except for clearing the shelves. Thus, they should be much cheaper. They should skip ahead to Tiger Lake and push the true mobile CPU war in full swing ASAP.

caqde

Distinguished
I'm a bit sad that HP is limiting the AMD Envy 360's to only 8GB RAM instead of the 12GB you can get on the Intel. With iGPU reserved RAM it isn't difficult to use the 8GB RAM in a laptop and then affect performance.
Yeah it is, but at the same time they listed the same specs last year yet still have a version with 16GB on their website as a custimization for that model. So I'm hopeful that there will be a 16GB model.