News AMD Ryzen 4000 Mechrevo Laptop Arrives Without Discrete GPU

Umfriend

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
Now that is more like it. Love the SO-DIMMs instead of measly 8GB soldered solutions. Now use a 25W 4800U fanless and add a DP port and it might become close to purfect.

Reactions: Rdslw

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
They need to copy ASUS in 2x ways:
1) Have a form of "High Heel" on the back of the lap top that lifts the bottom up for MORE AirFlow
- Having the "High Heel" will also give less Bezel on the bottom
2) Have a Tab on top for the Camera, mic, and other sensors
This allows the top outter bezels to be super thin while the tab can be the only part that protrudes

• Expand the size of the Track pad, since you have the tab, the bottom area of the laptop will be expanded to match the tab, ergo you can afford a MUCH larger Track Pad like Apple.
  • You're so close to the 100 whr FAA Battery limit, might as well run up to the edge and call it good.

JarredWaltonGPU

Senior GPU Editor
Editor
Feb 21, 2020
I have to say, if I could get a well-built laptop with a Ryzen 7 4800H and 91Wh battery, 16GB RAM, and a 1TB SSD for around $700-$750, I would definitely do it. My old Dell XPS 15 (i7-4702MQ) still works okay, and the screen is good, but it can be a bit finicky. Actually, it's doing better since I replaced the old battery and WiFi adapter (the Intel WiFi it came with went kaput a couple of years ago). But the GT 750M graphics don't work very well, throttling like crazy, so I end up just running off the anemic HD 4600 integrated graphics on it. I would love something more potent, with better battery life.

Reactions: RodroX
Apr 1, 2020
Sounds like a beast of a mobile productivity machine, and any college student's dream...Would make a nice edition as an EVOO rebrand, Walmart's house brand, since they don't have anything right now that fits between the cheap garbage and $1000+ segment.

Now that is more like it. Love the SO-DIMMs instead of measly 8GB soldered solutions. Now use a 25W 4800U fanless and add a DP port and it might become close to purfect.
So many laptops got second life with a new ram/ssd. its always good to have a upgrade path.
4800u fanless is a bit to much for light laptop, BUT a big radiator with (usually) slow/stopped fan.... (~20W passive) should be doable in ~1.7kg chassis.
and DP -> TB3, so I can get 2x2k screens on both sides, then its perfect.

Umfriend

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
So many laptops got second life with a new ram/ssd. its always good to have a upgrade path.
4800u fanless is a bit to much for light laptop, BUT a big radiator with (usually) slow/stopped fan.... (~20W passive) should be doable in ~1.7kg chassis.
and DP -> TB3, so I can get 2x2k screens on both sides, then its perfect.
So I got this MSI GP63 Leopard which runs a GTX 1060 (that I did not want but I could not find a beefy CPU without dGPU) and an i7-8750H. Undervolting and underclocking I get to about 3Ghz at 25W and the fans remain silent (around 60C). I care about weight, thinkness a lot less so I am confident (which homo ignoramus typically is) that it can be done and well.

ASK THE COMMUNITY