Question AMD Ryzen 5 2400G lose video output when I active AMD Radeon Software

Jun 13, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm really disappointed at AMD.
I have an "AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Processor" and it's been a long time since I have this screen losing picture and system won't work any more problem with it, it happens randomly and the system won't work anymore unless I restart it.
Today after trying so many different ways to fix this problem I finally have found out that It's caused by the "AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics" driver and after I have disable it from the device manager, it has not happened even once.
But here is the problem without the driver enabled I can't use my HDMI audio output, can't use AMD graphic selection in apps and I get screen tearing here and there.
I tried so many versions of AMD Radeon Software and now I have the latest version of it installed but the problem still exists to this day and if I enable the "AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics" driver the problem starts again and my pc will lose video output randomly, also if I disable it nothing works correctly.
Can anyone help me to fix this problem?
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPS:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the drivers that you've used and how you installed them. I would likewise ask you to look at which version of BIOS your motherboard is on and which version of Windows 10 you're on. Ideally you're advised to manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: ManiMA1
Jun 13, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPS:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the drivers that you've used and how you installed them. I would likewise ask you to look at which version of BIOS your motherboard is on and which version of Windows 10 you're on. Ideally you're advised to manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Hi, I'm sorry to be a noob :)
Here is the information you need.

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-E AM4 A320 Mainboard

Ram: Geil Pristine Series 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 X 2

SSD/HDD: WD Green SATA3 SSD - 240GB / WD Blue 1TB 7200Rpm 64MB Buffer HDD

GPU: - (my CPU comes with a Radeon Vega Graphics)

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical
Processor(s) Processor

PSU: GREEN GP550A-UK 80Plus Gold PSU

AMD Radeon Driver version: 26.20.15029.27017 (but it is disabled for now)

BIOS:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3203, 11/9/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Product PRIME A320M-E
Thanks

Jun 13, 2020
I'm guessing this is a fairly new PC and you did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 when you put it together?
Hi,
It's not new it's been 11 months since I have put this system together and I have tried everything before (except using DDU or updating my bios), I have even changed my windows with a clean install (Format my drive) twice in this past time, So I decided to let the drive be disabled but now I have to use GPU driver for some programs like Vegas pro.

Jun 13, 2020
Hello guys,
I use the DDU tool to remove the old driver and then update my driver using the AMD auto detection tool also I installed the recommended version(the recommended version wasn't the latest version).
I hope that it solves the problem, I will right back to you the result.
Thank you guys

Reactions: kurdtnz and RodroX
Jun 13, 2020
Hello guys,
I use the DDU tool to remove the old driver and then update my driver using the AMD auto detection tool also I installed the recommended version(the recommended version wasn't the latest version).
I hope that it solves the problem, I will right back to you the result.
Thank you guys
Hello guys,
My system just froze but this time with some difference, usually, after a system freezes my screen will lose picture and screen turns black BUT this time my screen was visible and I was getting pictures but noting worked also interesting thing was that my keyboard power led was turned off.
I was just checking my emails and the system wasn't doing anything heavy.