Question Amd ryzen 5 2600

OK what should I do
Well, the displayed image clearly indicates 'engineering sample'. That suggests you made an informed decision, but you could contact AlieExpress and ask for refund.

Even if they don't and it doesn't work, you can hang it up and tell all your buds you were a tester for AMD.

Or tape it to a stick and use the pins as a back scratcher.

Or just chalk one up to a learning experience.

Reactions: SlugBugBuddy

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
If AMD's contracts on engineering samples are anything like Intel's you just bought a stolen CPU.
Well, the displayed image clearly indicates 'engineering sample'. That suggests you made an informed decision, but you could contact AlieExpress and ask for refund.

Even if they don't and it doesn't work, you can hang it up and tell all your buds you were a tester for AMD.

Or tape it to a stick and use the pins as a back scratcher.

Or just chalk one up to a learning experience.
If it doesn't work can I still return it to Aliexpress

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
If it doesn't work can I still return it to Aliexpress
The selling page at Aliexpress says nothing about a Return policy, I would contact Aliexpress support (If they even have one), and ask them that same question.

Regardless, despite it's cheap price, I would not purchase this CPU, it would be like buying a game in Early Access or "Still In Development" but never being able to update to the full release. Even if it works, I bet my left pinky you'll definetly have problems with it

Regardless, despite it's cheap price, I would not purchase this CPU, it would be like buying a game in Early Access or "Still In Development" but never being able to update to the full release. Even if it works, I bet my left pinky you'll definetly have problems with it

I agree that, being an 'engineering sample' suggests early silicon, but there are a lot of CPU enthusiasts who might enjoy the opportunity to play around with early silicon CPU's. They may even collect several samples to get a spread of mfg. dates if they know something about progress milestones in development. That's why it's really hard to fault AlieExpress for selling it...assuming it's not stolen property (re:bignastyid's post) of course.

ADDED: incidental, i just noticed on the picture shown there's no 'diffused in Taiwan' marking, only 'mfg'd in China' along with 'diffused in USA', which is normal since the I/O die is made at Global Foundry. Could this mean that even the chiplets were diffused in USA? at GF's foundry? so 12nm (at best)?

Interesting. Seriously, OP should try to find if some enthusiast would have interest in it.

NVM, forgot it's a 2600 processor.

Last edited:

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
The selling page at Aliexpress says nothing about a Return policy, I would contact Aliexpress support (If they even have one), and ask them that same question.

I can return it but can't find the return/ package label for it on there page

Hey,

Firstly, there is no need to re-post threads, or bump posts/threads. Users will answer your questions if and when they can.

Secondly, what do you want us to do here? Go to the Aliexpress UK website, and try and find the thing you can't. We can help with PC/Hardware/software issues, and with some local knowledge may have some third party information that may be relevant. But coming to a forum to get help with a RMA, well, there is not much we can do. To be perfectly honest, that's something you kinda need to sort out yourself. Only you have the purchase details, invoice or whatever.

In your other post, you've explained there is a returns policy, but no RMA labels. You need to work on that with the supplier, and get them to confirm your next steps.

Not much more to add to that.

Good luck, and I hope you get your RMA sorted, and a new replacement/refund.

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Hey,

Firstly, there is no need to re-post threads, or bump posts/threads. Users will answer your questions if and when they can.

Secondly, what do you want us to do here? Go to the Aliexpress UK website, and try and find the thing you can't. We can help with PC/Hardware/software issues, and with some local knowledge may have some third party information that may be relevant. But coming to a forum to get help with a RMA, well, there is not much we can do. To be perfectly honest, that's something you kinda need to sort out yourself. Only you have the purchase details, invoice or whatever.

In your other post, you've explained there is a returns policy, but no RMA labels. You need to work on that with the supplier, and get them to confirm your next steps.

Not much more to add to that.

Good luck, and I hope you get your RMA sorted, and a new replacement/refund.
Ok thanks

TRENDING THREADS