[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 3500u or Intel Core i5 1035G1?

Solution
In your opinion which one is better and why?

That would depend on a number of factors....

what are you doing with the laptop? Does the laptop feature a dedicated gpu or are you using the integrated gpu? What are the costs of the two options?

A few points on the two are: The i5 1035G1 is based on Intels latest 10nm SunnyCover core so the cpu side is much stronger than on the 3500u (which is a first gen Ryzen based part) so for cpu heavy tasks the i5 is going to be faster. It should also use a bit less power being a 10nm cpu vs the 12nm for the 3500u.

Graphics wise, the Vega gpu in the 3500u is quite a lot faster than the gpu on the i5 so if gaming on the integrated graphics the Ryzen cpu is a better choice.

If the machine...
Intel probs. slightly newer plus even if amd has slightly higher boost clocks, you wont really be reaching peak boost clocks in a laptop. Intel will also have cooler idle temps since it can downclock to 1ghz. your laptop CPU will have less thermal problems if you go intel I'd say.

But in reality, whichever laptop is cheaper/affordable/better value is what you should go for since the performance difference b/w both of these will be small. Feel free to judge by the price tag/ GPU paired up with it.

Reactions: Ravyan
In your opinion which one is better and why?

That would depend on a number of factors....

what are you doing with the laptop? Does the laptop feature a dedicated gpu or are you using the integrated gpu? What are the costs of the two options?

A few points on the two are: The i5 1035G1 is based on Intels latest 10nm SunnyCover core so the cpu side is much stronger than on the 3500u (which is a first gen Ryzen based part) so for cpu heavy tasks the i5 is going to be faster. It should also use a bit less power being a 10nm cpu vs the 12nm for the 3500u.

Graphics wise, the Vega gpu in the 3500u is quite a lot faster than the gpu on the i5 so if gaming on the integrated graphics the Ryzen cpu is a better choice.

If the machine has a separate graphics card the i5 is stronger.

Reactions: Ravyan
Solution