[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Compatability?

Syk0

Reputable
Sep 18, 2016
So I'm looking to upgrade my pc and was looking to invest in an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and was wondering if the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming ATX Motherboard, was compatible with the chipset right out the box or if I would have to update the BIOS?

If I do need to update the BIOS: I know when that previously some people reported that updating BIOS and running a newer CPU could be shaky and there was a chance for problems to occur and wondered if that still held true? Also how easy is it to update BIOS and if I don't have an older compatible CPU?

Many thanks for your answers!

Solution
If the CPU compatibility list doesn't include said CPU on the lowest number BIOS version (or says all), then it's luck of the draw.

If your board doesn't have BIOS flashback, which allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed, then there's no way to update the BIOS unles you're using a CPU that's supported by the current BIOS version.

AMD has a CPU lending program for BIOS updates (not available in all regions) or "brick-and-mortar" stores can help you.
If the CPU compatibility list doesn't include said CPU on the lowest number BIOS version (or says all), then it's luck of the draw.

If your board doesn't have BIOS flashback, which allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed, then there's no way to update the BIOS unles you're using a CPU that's supported by the current BIOS version.

AMD has a CPU lending program for BIOS updates (not available in all regions) or "brick-and-mortar" stores can help you.

Solution

hendo916

Prominent
Apr 6, 2019
I have that exact mobo and cpu and i purchased them in Feb , anything that left the factory after April 2019 I believe it was, is 3000 ready to go out of the box so you should be in the clear .