[SOLVED] Amd ryzen 5 3600 overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2019
Hi all, I recently build my first PC eith ryzen 5 3600 with b450 tomahawk max but I have 80°C at idle and 85-90°C in gaming. I'm running stock cooler with no overclock. My highest temp that I saw was 105°C.

Solution
I had the same issue with mine.
As a quick fix download and open ryzen master.
Go to profile 1 and lock your cores. (Top right of this section)

Then change voltage to 1.10 instead of 1.25

While gaming I have gone from 80c - 95c down to 60-80
Was the pre-applied thermal paste present on the bottom of the cooler when you installed it? It should have looked like a grey circle of paste on the copper base. Did you also install the cooler correctly?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbvKjsuznBk

If not or you cant remember you might want to buy some thermal paste, Arctic Silver 5 or MX-4, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, and Noctua NT-H1 are all good pastes avaiable on Amazon, Newegg and probably even Microcenter has one of them. Then remove your cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth such as a coffee filter, apply a pea sized amount of paste on the middle of the CPU (the top silver part, not the gold pin side), then reinstall the cooler.

Dec 30, 2019
Was the pre-applied thermal paste present on the bottom of the cooler when you installed it? It should have looked like a grey circle of paste on the copper base. Did you also install the cooler correctly?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbvKjsuznBk

If not or you cant remember you might want to buy some thermal paste, Arctic Silver 5 or MX-4, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, and Noctua NT-H1 are all good pastes avaiable on Amazon, Newegg and probably even Microcenter has one of them. Then remove your cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth such as a coffee filter, apply a pea sized amount of paste on the middle of the CPU (the top silver part, not the gold pin side), then reinstall the cooler.
There was thermal paste and I did install cooler right side

Sym166

Reputable
Feb 21, 2020
I have the same CPU in my build. Same amount of fans. One front, one back, 2 on gpu and one on CPU. Max temp I ve got in gaming (any game, demanding or not) was 60-65 celsius but I have liquid cooler on mu cpu. Maybe its damaged, faulty? I read somewhere, when you have bent pins on your cpu it might cause overheating or other damage. Worth checking

Shekhar5

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2012
There was thermal paste and I did install cooler right side

I think you should try re-applying the thermal paste. Recently my i5 6500 was running 60-65 Degree C idle and around 95 D C while under load, we know that is unusual, I was playing no game and it is with stock cooler. I immediately ordered Cooler Master Mastergel Regular Thermal Paste, and suddenly temps dropped to 25 idle and 45-48 under load. Ambient temps 15 D C.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020
I had the same issue with mine.
As a quick fix download and open ryzen master.
Go to profile 1 and lock your cores. (Top right of this section)

Then change voltage to 1.10 instead of 1.25

While gaming I have gone from 80c - 95c down to 60-80

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.