[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 3600x and RTX 2070 Super barely scrape 390 FPS in Minecraft. Any ideas on how to fix?

Solution
It'll just be a video of them playing with these things to show their setups, I get high frames with other games but Minecraft seems to be a bit stubborn, I haven't seen others who are experiencing these issues
Firstly, mc is very tempermental. If you have setting on that he doesn't then you are losing some. Also you might want to try optifine, sometimes it works better some times it doesn't. Worth a try! But Minecraft is very tempermental with cpus to begin with! Anyways as long as you are not dropping low then you shouldn't care, you won't notice a 350 to 200 fps drop because you monitor won't go that high.
Feb 21, 2020
One of those videos has to have some kind of lead on how you can do that, yes?
None of them share how it can be done? I find that odd...

Minecraft forums, or a Reddit, perhaps?
It'll just be a video of them playing with these things to show their setups, I get high frames with other games but Minecraft seems to be a bit stubborn, I haven't seen others who are experiencing these issues

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix if there is some way to?
Fix what? Your system is already likely pushing multiple times as many frames as your monitor can display. I don't see why it would even matter whether one is getting 400 fps or 500 fps in a game like minecraft.

It could be down to something like RAM timings, or a different version of the game or Windows, or any number of other things, as you didn't provide any details about your setup, or what videos you were seeing. At really high framerates, a large number of things could affect performance. Not that it really matters, since again, there are no monitors on the market that can even redraw their image that many times per second.

Feb 21, 2020
Fix what? Your system is already likely pushing multiple times as many frames as your monitor can display. I don't see why it would even matter whether one is getting 400 fps or 500 fps in a game like minecraft.

It could be down to something like RAM timings, or a different version of the game or Windows, or any number of other things, as you didn't provide any details about your setup, or what videos you were seeing. At really high framerates, a large number of things could affect performance. Not that it really matters, since again, there are no monitors on the market that can even redraw their image that many times per second.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC7LgN3HOo
this video and there are several others where people reach exceedingly high framerates,

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Firstly, mc is very tempermental. If you have setting on that he doesn't then you are losing some. Also you might want to try optifine, sometimes it works better some times it doesn't. Worth a try! But Minecraft is very tempermental with cpus to begin with! Anyways as long as you are not dropping low then you shouldn't care, you won't notice a 350 to 200 fps drop because you monitor won't go that high.

Solution

zx128k

Reputable
I think its just the settings, here is a 9900k and a 2080ti.

a4dgmi7mhwa31.png

The main reason fps can be lower is that the gpu wont increase its clocks out of a lower power state to full boost.

Last edited: