Prominent
Jul 9, 2020
I got a new rig with the following spec:
GTX 1660 Ti
AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
16 GB Ram 3200 mhz
ssd 512 gb
asustek computer inc ga15dh mobo
So my idle temperatures of cpu varies between 40-50 C.
When i downloaded a game from steam, the cpu temp went to 70-72 C.
In bf4 , at ultra settings, the temp was between 65-70 C with some spikes to 75-78 C.
Do i have to tweak something?
I have stock market fan.

To help control temp spikes turn off PBO if you're using it...it makes lots of heat and only adds a tiny improvement in benchmarks and zero noticeable difference in games or apps...it's really meant for 2000 series chips where it does improve performance.

Zellweger

Prominent
Jul 9, 2020
To help control temp spikes turn off PBO if you're using it...it makes lots of heat and only adds a tiny improvement in benchmarks and zero noticeable difference in games or apps...it's really meant for 2000 series chips where it does improve performance.
how do i do this? are there any stuff to activate from bios? (im implying if that option is in bios)

It is in the BIOS...usually listed as Precision Boost Overdrive...not to be confused with Core Performance Boost which you should leave on. You'll have to look in the manual or online for your boards BIOS specifics since I'm not familiar with it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You have a Ryzen, not an intel. Any prior considerations or knowledge about temps, throw it out. Forget about it. Do the research and see what temps Ryzens run. BF4 and you didn't break 80°C with a 26°C ambient? That's better temps than many get with the stock coolers.

Reactions: GarrettL

Zellweger

Prominent
Jul 9, 2020
Thanks for the answers guys, i wont change anything in bios becasue of the warranty(dont want to void it). After some research i saw that these temps are normal for amd ryzen. Perhaps the case of the computer might contribute to these temps. The case looks like this: View: https://imgur.com/a/wO417Uu
(the central fan is actually oriented to the glass wall).
I saw something on internet with undervolting , but again, if i change anything, my warranty goes brrr.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Never seen a warranty so specific that it says if you change bios settings from stock, it's void.

The only time I've seen anything even remotely close to that is if you paid for an Overclock from a 3rd party custom builder (like ibuypower or CyberpowerPC) , who warranty's the OC to be stable and if you further change the settings, then the OC warranty is voided.