Question AMD RYZEN 5 5600G

Pcpau2020

Commendable
May 24, 2020
I am trying to build a budget pc setup that I'll mainly use for casual gaming and some sort of side hustle work that do not involve video editing or heavy stuff. I'll mainly use it to play dota2 and jrpgs/rpg games that are not open world. I am looking at AMD RYZEN 5 5600g as my main choice but I am not sure if this will be good for my purpose. I chose this processor as others recommended that this would be future proof as well( I am planning to buy a gpu in the future once the market has returned to normal to pair it with this if ever) . My question is should I go for this? Or if you guys can provide your suggested build that is within the price range of RYZEN 5 5600g ( I am okay to spend additional money on this but not too much right now on gpu), that would be appreciated 😊Thanks in advanced.

I think I would wait since AMD is releasing it's new Ryzen series in about a week or so and all of those models will have integrated graphics. They are supposed to have decently improved single and multicore performance over the current Gen, so might be worth waiting for. I have heard they might also be less expensive, but until they are released we really won't know.

Pcpau2020

Commendable
May 24, 2020
I think I would wait since AMD is releasing it's new Ryzen series in about a week or so and all of those models will have integrated graphics. They are supposed to have decently improved single and multicore performance over the current Gen, so might be worth waiting for. I have heard they might also be less expensive, but until they are released we really won't know.

Thanks for your feedback. Did not know AMD will be releasing a new processor in a couple days or week or so. Definitely will wait for that before I purchase .

I am trying to build a budget pc setup that I'll mainly use for casual gaming and some sort of side hustle work that do not involve video editing or heavy stuff. I'll mainly use it to play dota2 and jrpgs/rpg games that are not open world. I am looking at AMD RYZEN 5 5600g as my main choice but I am not sure if this will be good for my purpose. I chose this processor as others recommended that this would be future proof as well( I am planning to buy a gpu in the future once the market has returned to normal to pair it with this if ever) . My question is should I go for this? Or if you guys can provide your suggested build that is within the price range of RYZEN 5 5600g ( I am okay to spend additional money on this but not too much right now on gpu), that would be appreciated 😊Thanks in advanced.
If you depend on IGPU, Ryzen is only choice. There will be no great improvement in IGPU in next gen Ryzen only in CPU part but for some time in future when MBs and DDR5 are stil inordinately expensive, more than gains to be had over let's say 5600g and "old" parts that are likely to get cheaper. 5600g is still very good for gaming.

Pcpau2020

Commendable
May 24, 2020
If you depend on IGPU, Ryzen is only choice. There will be no great improvement in IGPU in next gen Ryzen only in CPU part but for some time in future when MBs and DDR5 are stil inordinately expensive, more than gains to be had over let's say 5600g and "old" parts that are likely to get cheaper. 5600g is still very good for gaming.
I see I thought there would be a new gen IGPU. In any case my goal right now is to just rely on the IGPU with the flexibility of future upgrades (i.e., buying a dedicated gpu once the market price starts to become normal as it is still overpriced here in my Country.) With that in mind, would this processor be okay to be paired with a powerful mid range gpu in the future ?Thanks for the feedback btw.

I see I thought there would be a new gen IGPU. In any case my goal right now is to just rely on the IGPU with the flexibility of future upgrades (i.e., buying a dedicated gpu once the market price starts to become normal as it is still overpriced here in my Country.) With that in mind, would this processor be okay to be paired with a powerful mid range gpu in the future ?Thanks for the feedback btw.
In first batch it's unlikely to be a proper APU with (relatively) powerful graphics, at most just something to display in emergency, like Intel is doing. Maybe toward the end of next year but AMD is mum on that. You might as well grab a 5700g for instance or you can wait for 7600x and a cheap GPU to tidy you until you get better one. Most would be better than IGPU anyway.

Actually, it will be a completely different integrated graphics that gets used in the 7000 series. The 5600G was GCN architecture while this new series will be using RDNA2 based architecture. Nothing, really, will be known until it's known, but I have never seen a newer Gen AMD iGPU that was weaker than the previous Gen so I'd expect it to be at least as good if not better, even on the early models. There will be actual APU models as well, and those should have even better graphics.

As far as "the market returning to normal" as was mentioned in the OP, I think the market right now is about as "normal" for the price as graphics cards as we're ever going to see so if you are looking to buy a graphics card there is not a really compelling reason to wait on that if you are inclined to buy one. Some cards are back to MSRP or below it, so I think we are unlikely to see further "normalizing" of the graphics card market. I mean, you can get an RTX 3060 which is within a couple of percentage points of the performance of the RTX 2060 Super, which is what I bought back in mid 2019 for around 400 bucks, right now for around 370 bucks, so the price of a card with a given level of performance would seem to suddenly be CHEAPER than for a similar level of performance from 3 years ago. I don't see that getting a whole lot better anytime soon, if ever.