[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5 5600x Stress test

Solution
Hello,

Id like to ask, which program can i use to stress test my newly acquired AMD Ryzen 5 5600x,,,

thank you,
brgds,
nick
Depends...are you running an optimized curve with PBO2 yet?

If not and just want to know all's well in a fully stock setup then Prime95 works OK. It's not all that informative but it thoroughly stresses the system. Use large FFT's, in memory, to make sure memory is also OK, but you can more thoroughly test memory with Memory Diagnostics (type it in Cortana search).

What it's really good for is finding if your cooling is inadequate, especially when running an AIO for finding when it thermally saturates. What you're looking for is different with Ryzen since it will manage itself to stay stable; what...
Hello,

Id like to ask, which program can i use to stress test my newly acquired AMD Ryzen 5 5600x,,,

thank you,
brgds,
nick
Depends...are you running an optimized curve with PBO2 yet?

If not and just want to know all's well in a fully stock setup then Prime95 works OK. It's not all that informative but it thoroughly stresses the system. Use large FFT's, in memory, to make sure memory is also OK, but you can more thoroughly test memory with Memory Diagnostics (type it in Cortana search).

What it's really good for is finding if your cooling is inadequate, especially when running an AIO for finding when it thermally saturates. What you're looking for is different with Ryzen since it will manage itself to stay stable; what you're looking for is the average clocks it's running in the middle of an FFT. If cooling is inadequate it will run hot and the clocks will be really low. But even if cooling is adequate it will run hot (it aims for a temperature) but clocks will be higher. If clocks are higher after 15 min's than after 3 hours or so, your rad's saturated and not cooling as well.

Once you're ready with a PBO2/CO setup run CoreCycler. The Curve Optimizer undervolts at peak boosts, so it will boost higher, and that can make it unstable at light processing loads, e.g., gaming, as opposed to heavy loads so you want a special stress test for that. CoreCycler also helps you find the optimum setting for per-core curves.

Last edited:
Solution