[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5600x reaches 90c when gaming, 65c when browsing, 55c+ when idle

Oct 23, 2021
Sometimes it goes up to 75c when idle, and then goes back down (prob windows stuff)
doesnt seem normal though, when its not 40~ on idle
aorus x570 elite
hyper212 as my cooler

Solution
Check 3 things make sure your cooler is sitting even. How much and the type of thermal paste applied, and ram as well as things running how many apps do you leave open? Ive never heard of your cpu cooler whats it rated for?
I looked up your cooler its a above stock cooler but its not rated well for the higher end ryzen cpus. They do run hot . Idle under a good aio or air cooler ranges from 46 55c. Gaming it should be up around 74 85c . Some chips can handle bieng up at 90c but that makes me nervious so try to keep the temp in the mid 80c. Im running a noctua D15. With the fans all the way up. And im averaging 46c idle to 76c so far during gaming. I have the same case u do.

Specs.

5950x ryzen 9
Corsair Dominator ddr...

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

For the sake of relevance, please include the ambient room air temps.

Reactions: MR_BROCK
Oct 23, 2021
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

For the sake of relevance, please include the ambient room air temps.

Hey! sry and thanks for fast reply
CPU: amd ryzen 5 5600x am4 tray
Motherboard: x570 aorus elite
Ram: corsair ddr 4 32g (16gb 2x)
SSD/HDD: samsung ssd 980 1tb
GPU: nvidia geforce rtx 3080
PSU: 850w fully modular gold corsair psu
Chassis: corsair 4000d airflow tg case
Monitor: VX2457 1080p 60hz (gonna upgrade to 2k 170hz)

for ambient room air temps - I cant really know for sure right now, but it should be around 30c

Oct 30, 2021
Sometimes it goes up to 75c when idle, and then goes back down (prob windows stuff)
doesnt seem normal though, when its not 40~ on idle
aorus x570 elite
hyper212 as my cooler
Check 3 things make sure your cooler is sitting even. How much and the type of thermal paste applied, and ram as well as things running how many apps do you leave open? Ive never heard of your cpu cooler whats it rated for?

Oct 30, 2021
I looked up your cooler its a above stock cooler but its not rated well for the higher end ryzen cpus. They do run hot . Idle under a good aio or air cooler ranges from 46 55c. Gaming it should be up around 74 85c . Some chips can handle bieng up at 90c but that makes me nervious so try to keep the temp in the mid 80c. Im running a noctua D15. With the fans all the way up. And im averaging 46c idle to 76c so far during gaming. I have the same case u do.

Specs.

5950x ryzen 9
Corsair Dominator ddr 3200 rgb 8gx4
Asus croshair VIII HERO
Rtx 3060ti strix geforce 8gig oc
Corsair 1000w Rmx power supply.
Noctua D15 Black cpu cooler
M.2 4th gen pro 2tb hd
Noctua nh1 thermal paste.

Last edited:
Solution