[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen 5600x Temperature

dgp1993

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
Hello Everyone.
Yesterday i , purchased msi rtx 3070 gaming z trio.

When i started the game within 10 mnts of playing i see the temperature of my processor Ryzen 5600x reaches to 81°c . I'm using stock cooler as it comes with the processor.

Request you to please help me , which liquid cooler is a best option to purchase ?

Is this cpu temperature is idle at gaming or at heavy load ?

Because of temperature issue , i couldn't play games far long time.

My PC specs
Processor : AMD Ryzen 5600x
Ram : Gskill 32gb 3200mhz
Power Supply : deep cool 750w
Graphic card : msi rtx 3070 gaming z trio
Operating system : windows 10 pro
Motherboard : MSI B550 Tamahawk
Cabinet : cooler master MB511

Solution
Hello Everyone.

When i started the game within 10 mnts of playing i see the temperature of my processor Ryzen 5600x reaches to 81°c . I'm using stock cooler as it comes with the processor.

Request you to please help me , which liquid cooler is a best option to purchase ?

My PC specs
81C isn't alarmingly hot (it's Tjmax is 95C...
Hello Everyone.

My PC specs
81C isn't alarmingly hot (it's Tjmax is 95C so a long way to go still) but keeping it cooler is definitely going to be nicer for it's performance. A 5600x stock cooler is barely adequate..and screams quite loudly even then. Do not ignore case airflow...fans on intake and exhaust both so the cooler isn't using hot GPU exhaust to try and cool the CPU.

Solution
Hello Everyone.

My PC specs
I would suggest a good air cooler over an AIO watercooler because they last forever compared to an AIO that you will have to replace at some point.

dgp1993

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
Hello everyone ,
Thank you for your feedback.

Can you tell me about Cooler Master ML240L V2 ARGB Cooler ?

Buy replacing this with amd stock cooler , what temperature would i get under full load ?

Will this Cooler be helpful to set <65°c under full load & while gaming ?

Please give me review about this AIO.

Product link is below in discription .

I don’t know about that cooler specifically, but I have the same case you have. I have 3 case fans on front set as intake, 2 on top as exhaust, 1 rear exhaust. For cooling I have the vetroo v5 tower cooler, which is similar to the cooler master hyper 212. On my cpu, I top out in the low 70’s under full load. The stock fan that comes with the 3600 and 5600x look very small and I wouldn’t want to use my cpu with them.

The mb511 should be very easy to set up for airflow. I have 6 120mm fans in mine. If you don’t have good airflow definitely get additional fans. With the mesh design of that case you should be able to cool everything easily.

dgp1993

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
Suggest me what to do ??

Go for a liquid cooler or go with air cooler ?

Give me options for both models to solve my querry ? Which model aio or air cooler would i have to purchase ?

Thank you in advance.

It's up to you what to use. The one thing about water coolers, if you go too cheap with those, they can leak. I once worked on I think an ibuypower system that had a liquid cooler on it that leaked and took out the motherboard and possibly gpu. So typically I stay with air coolers.

....with amd stock cooler reached beyond 80 degree C while gaming in within 10 mnts , i shut down the game.
Don't be afraid of those temperatures. Ryzen's perfectly capable of operating in the 80's...perfecty safe even up to 95C, it's Tjmax. It's just desireable to help keep it boosting to higher clocks if you can keep temps in the 70's. It's almost like overclocking if you just put a good enough cooler on it.