[SOLVED] Amd Ryzen 7 2700x 85-95 degrees temperatures on idle (Stock Cooler 1 month old Cpu).

Rebelz86

Reputable
May 12, 2019
I've been having this problem for a week or so , first I saw that my games started getting laggier and my gpu usage was spiking , and i looked at the temperatures in game and they were at 98c , and I think that's why my gpu usage was spiking and my performance dropped , anyone knows how to fix this please? (My Specs : Amd Ryzen 7 2700x , Rx 580 4gb , 16 gb ram).

Solution
I've been having this problem for a week or so , first I saw that my games started getting laggier and my gpu usage was spiking , and i looked at the temperatures in game and they were at 98c , and I think that's why my gpu usage was spiking and my performance dropped , anyone knows how to fix this please? (My Specs : Amd Ryzen 7 2700x , Rx 580 4gb , 16 gb ram).
Stock cooler ? You better review it's mounting and paste application.
Stock cooler ? You better review it's mounting and paste application.

Solution
Ok so I checked my cpu fan and it turns out it wasnt secured at all it was wiggly , i fixed it
Yes, boost is going to be very small at those temps. There are some things you can do to lower temps (ideally it shouldn't go much over 70c.). Try setting negative voltage offset in BIOS, typically 0.1-0.05v. Let cooler fan work to full speed before temps reach 70c. It's gonna be loud but reduce throttling.
Use Ryzen Master, click on Auto OC mode and see what RM comes with.