News AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Is on Sale for an All-Time Low $260

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
This makes the i5-10600 less appealing right? Especially with cheaper mother boards.
Yes for me. The 3700X is an octa core processor, and unlocked in case you want to squeeze more performance with a budget B450 board. The i5 10600 is a hexa core processor and locked from overclocking, which unfortunately at this point can only be bundled with a Z490 board (since the budget boards are still not available for sale). Between the 2, you need to also consider the bundled cooler, AMD Wraith Prism vs the super cost cut Intel stock cooler. The latter means you likely need to invest more money to get a better cooler to allow the processor to actually run at the upper end of the boost clockspeed. Performance wise, Intel is pretty much faster in games and not by much if you go above 1080p. In all other metrics, AMD pretty much outperforms it (except for a few single core focused scenarios). So from an all rounder standpoint, I feel AMD is the better deal.

Reactions: gg83 and Makaveli
Jun 5, 2020
Yes for me. The 3700X is an octa core processor, and unlocked in case you want to squeeze more performance with a budget B450 board. The i5 10600 is a hexa core processor and locked from overclocking, which unfortunately at this point can only be bundled with a Z490 board (since the budget boards are still not available for sale). Between the 2, you need to also consider the bundled cooler, AMD Wraith Prism vs the super cost cut Intel stock cooler. The latter means you likely need to invest more money to get a better cooler to allow the processor to actually run at the upper end of the boost clockspeed. Performance wise, Intel is pretty much faster in games and not by much if you go above 1080p. In all other metrics, AMD pretty much outperforms it (except for a few single core focused scenarios). So from an all rounder standpoint, I feel AMD is the better deal.
Basically what this means for me is that if you are looking to get the best bang for your buck, AMD is your choice in this scenario. However, if you don't mind spending more money to get higher single-core performance, Intel is your choice. I can only see the 10600 or 10600k being a choice for gamers wanting a high-end gaming PC.

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Imagine the price drop when Zen 3 hits the shelves, 8 cores will soon be replacing all mid range PC builds which are currently build on 6 cores.

I will be comparing the performance of the alleged 4600 vs 3700x to see if it is really worth the glory before deciding between Zen 2 or Zen 3

Basically what this means for me is that if you are looking to get the best bang for your buck, AMD is your choice in this scenario. However, if you don't mind spending more money to get higher single-core performance, Intel is your choice. I can only see the 10600 or 10600k being a choice for gamers wanting a high-end gaming PC.
More like a few more FPS while playing a few games at 1080p low settings.