Nov 28, 2021
Hi, I am in the process of building a new system and I am at the point of making my final decision on the CPU and I am between the AMD R yzen 7 3700x and the AMD Ryzen 5 5600x.
The intended use is for gaming and, generally multitasking as well as good future-proofing as far as support and performance goes.
I would like to know where and what are the real-life advantages of each CPU and whether or not there are other important things to take into consideration and any alternatives to opt for in that price range (both of them cost around 280-300 EUR in Gr).

The build is :
Mobo: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
GPU: Rx 570 Asus Rog Strix 4G
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz 2*8 GB
PSU: Corsair rm 750x (2021)
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo plus
HDD: Toshiba P300

Thank you in advance.

Solution
To be fair the 5600x is the better option. In multi tasking it can keep up with the 3700x and for gaming it is the stronger cpu. It’s more powerful cores make up for having 2 less in mult tasking and those stronger cores provide better gaming ability as games don’t really need more than 12 threads.
To be fair the 5600x is the better option. In multi tasking it can keep up with the 3700x and for gaming it is the stronger cpu. It’s more powerful cores make up for having 2 less in mult tasking and those stronger cores provide better gaming ability as games don’t really need more than 12 threads.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
Nov 28, 2021
Ok yea I see what you mean,thank you very much I will take it into consideration.