Feb 6, 2021
I have a few issues doing here. My build:

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
MB - ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
RAM - 2x16g DDR4 CL16-18-18-38 Gskill
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 5500XT
CASE _ NZXT H1
SSD: Samsung 970 PRO M.2 1TB

Can't make it to BIOS booting. Any help would be appreciated !

5aimsu3h9yf61.jpg

Solution
If you watch the next vid GN did later, the fix is almost as bad as the original nylon screws. The problem is the 12v plane is far too close to the screw hole, so any subsequent messing around with that screw, be it nylon or metal, wears away at the pcb and the 12v plane becomes evident. You get a direct 12v to ground short and that's where the fire happens.

The 'fix' is a band-aid on a cut that needed stitches. The riser should have been recalled and resigned, giving a much wider skirt around that hole. Both holes.

Edit: And NZXT has responded with just exactly that, see video below.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Gpu is on the backside, riser fed. (might want to do some research on that riser, just saying)

The H1 is a semi pre-built, comes with a 140mm aio and a nzxt sfx-l 650w 80+ gold.

Actually, we'd need your assistance first. It's like the wife saying the car won't start. That's all well and good, but knowing exactly what Is happening tells us more than what's not happening.

Is the fans spinning up, are the 4 debug lights sequencing or getting stuck on 1 in particular, do you have the USB-C plugged into the board, does it come on then immediately shut down requiring you to unplug the pc.

Stuff like that is needed to see exactly where you are at.

Reactions: rgd1101
I have a few issues doing here. My build:

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
MB - ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
RAM - 2x16g DDR4 CL16-18-18-38 Gskill
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 5500XT
CASE _ NZXT H1
Is that the same NZXT H1 case that's being recalled for being a fire hazard?

If it is and yours hasn't been fixed, I wouldn't bother much trying to fix it... turn it off and send it back.

Watch here where GN gets a nice fire going with one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XIKOSrQdQ0

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you watch the next vid GN did later, the fix is almost as bad as the original nylon screws. The problem is the 12v plane is far too close to the screw hole, so any subsequent messing around with that screw, be it nylon or metal, wears away at the pcb and the 12v plane becomes evident. You get a direct 12v to ground short and that's where the fire happens.

The 'fix' is a band-aid on a cut that needed stitches. The riser should have been recalled and resigned, giving a much wider skirt around that hole. Both holes.

Edit: And NZXT has responded with just exactly that, see video below.

Last edited:
Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution