News AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Put Through Rendering and Synthetic Benchmarks

Off-topic: the name of the review site/group is a play on words for "chancho", which means "pig". That will explain their logo.

On-topic: well, expected for the most part. Can the regular 5800X close the gap with PBO? I think that's the real important question to answer here. I'm pretty sure it'll be a close call and make the 5800X3D look kind of dumb. But let's wait and see!

Regards.

Reactions: artk2219

hannibal

Distinguished
It will lose to 5800x in some and win in some. So it depends on what you do with your PC...
For me both 5800x and 5800x3d both would be upgrades... so interesting to see what cpu suits better to my user case!

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
Off-topic: the name of the review site/group is a play on words for "chancho", which means "pig". That will explain their logo.

On-topic: well, expected for the most part. Can the regular 5800X close the gap with PBO? I think that's the real important question to answer here. I'm pretty sure it'll be a close call and make the 5800X3D look kind of dumb. But let's wait and see!

Regards.

Based on early benchmarks thus far it seems plausible that an overclocked 5800x would be equal to or better than a 5800X3D, but until we get some FPS benches across a wide range of games it's still just a guess. Either way, the cost seems really hard to justify for what seems like a minor bump in performance.

Makaveli

Splendid

Regards.

The regular 5800X even without PBO should be faster at most things outside of gaming and the occasional app that can benefit from the extra cache.

Makaveli

Splendid
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022
Amd did a massive mistake fitting this on Ryzen 7 instead of a Ryzen 9. That way, it would've been more able to compete with the I9 12900K's from Intel. Who came up with the "dim" idea to fit tech like this on a Ryzen 7? I like Amd, but they goofed up big time with X3d.

Amd did a massive mistake fitting this on Ryzen 7 instead of a Ryzen 9. That way, it would've been more able to compete with the I9 12900K's from Intel. Who came up with the "dim" idea to fit tech like this on a Ryzen 7? I like Amd, but they goofed up big time with X3d.
Hindsight is 20-20, and it sees you wrong now that benchmarks are out. This CPU competes trade for trade in almost all games with the 12900ks an 800 dollar CPU for a little over half the price.

Apr 9, 2022
Hindsight is 20-20, and it sees you wrong now that benchmarks are out. This CPU competes trade for trade in almost all games with the 12900ks an 800 dollar CPU for a little over half the price.
Just to make myself abundantly clear since I forgot to do so in my earlier comment, i have no beef with Amd & I'm not on intel's side at all. Just said it would've been a better idea to fit the enhancements on a 5900x to make it a little bit more competitive in application performance such as blender, Cinema4D, Resolve & other applications that would have benefitted well from the enlarged cache. No ill will towards amd or any bias, just an observation.

Last edited: