News AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Sold out at All Major US Retailers

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Both my local MicroCenter show them in stock, but will say that it went from 25+ a couple of hours ago to 12 in stock at my favored location. They won't let you reserve it either. I wouldn't take the chance of driving across town for it.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
NewEgg kind of slipped up a little with their attempt to repair their reputation.

They had plenty. After a longer time than I expected, then they were out of stock . . but then the out of stock indicator changed to say that it was available in a combo.

So, they weren't out of stock when they were first "out of stock" - they just decided to anchor a portion of their 5800X3D supply to some <mod edit language> combo "deals"

Last edited by a moderator:

casa_is_cool

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
They were available on Amazon and Newegg at MSRP until mid-afternoon CST yesterday (launch day).

I purchased one from Newegg

Last edited:
I’m UK and managed to get one as soon as it went on sale but a couple of hours later when I looked all sites were OOS. My retailer is now saying end of May for stock but when I ordered a monitor late last year they estimated 3 weeks and it turned out to be 3 months.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
So, with the performance in games and in sales, I think it was a success. Guess we'll see more of that 3D V-Cache in future CPUs (and possibly from Intel too).