News AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Where to Buy

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
€600 on Europe's biggest hardware retailer, LDLC.

Way too high imo.

But the main reason none of my friends are upgrading their PC is not even the price, it's just that PC games have been so bad lately.

You know what is outselling all PC hardware on LDLC? The Nintendo Switch.

A few days ago Nintendo released a Youtube video on Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. After a few hours, the video had 6 million views and 20,000+ comments.

You can talk all about FPS and 4k and raytracing and chip performance...you need actual games for people to get excited about. And those games are severely lacking on PC with bad port after bad port.

Sanitre.jpg

Last edited:
€600 on Europe's biggest hardware retailer, LDLC.

Way too high imo.

But the main reason none of my friends are upgrading their PC is not even the price, it's just that PC games have been so bad lately.

You know what is outselling all PC hardware on LDLC? The Nintendo Switch.

A few days ago Nintendo released a Youtube video on Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. After a few hours, the video had 6 million views and 20,000+ comments.

You can talk all about FPS and 4k and raytracing and chip performance...you need actual games for people to get excited about. And those games are severely lacking on PC with bad port after bad port.

Sanitre.jpg
Console always outsells PC for gaming. The irony is that console games are often developed on PCs or devkits that are more PC like than consoles and the PC ports of these games are as you say, crap. The thing is that the library of games for PC will almost certainly be bigger than any one family of consoles. Emulators also exist for PC. I am personally not a big fan of super basic games like Zelda, but you are definitely correct that game franchises like these sell consoles like coffee on a cold Monday morning.

Last edited: