News AMD Ryzen 7000's Tiny RDNA2 GPU Overclocked to 3.1 GHz

From the video, it looks at its default clocks, the iGPU delivered around 12 FPS in Tomb Raider & 58 FPS on average within CS: GO at 1080p. On 720p the scores are going to be higher.

But once he enabled EXPO, the performance increased only up to 12%, which shows that there's a "Memory Bandwidth" bottleneck here. While this didn't improve the gaming performance much, I think at least some more performance can still be squeezed out of the RDNA 2 iGPU.

Reactions: artk2219

Quirkz

Prominent
Feb 17, 2023
Despite the implication that this is pointless, I looked at a really small 1260P based system last year as a lightweight work travel machine that could also do gaming. It could, but only for older titles. I ended up spending more money for a larger and heavier device because it just missed my performance targets for a couple games i wanted to play.
This overclocking, along with the already stronger generational improvements over the intel 1260P, means that a lot of the games that would only hit 20fps at 1080 are now a playable 30fps. This isn't 'pointless'.
FF14, for example, was borderline before. This makes it a decent experience.

These little incremental gains shouldn't be undervalued, as each of these incremental gains is putting another class of games within reach of these ridiculously small thin and light and cheap laptops. And it applies to the Intel parts as well, not just AMD.

The steamdeck APU, for example, is 'only' 1.6TF at peak power (most of us run it much slower it for better battery and have it at 1TF.), and no one scoffs at that chip. These thin and lights are getting closer and closer to steamdeck performance here.

Reactions: artk2219

domih

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
I'm not a gamer, I don't care about FPS.

But then again, here is a bar chart whose scale does not start at zero, making it look better than it is. BS.

TRENDING THREADS