AMD Ryzen 9 3900 Tested: Unreleased 65W Processor Sets World Records

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
It's nice to see extreme overclocking, but since it's a 65W CPU, it would be even nicer to see it tested on an A320 motherboard. The Gigabyte A320M-S2H in my office supports even the 3950X, but how would it handle such power? And how would the 65W 12-thread CPU behave when VRMs are weak?

Mugsy

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
Low TDP is one of my primary "must haves" when buying a new CPU, so a 65watt 3900 would be awesome. I run my PC 17-18 hours a day 7 days a week, which consumes a ton of power. A savings of 40watts not only means the CPU uses less power, but means less cooling, using even less power. The savings add up.

But how does it compare to lower range CPU's that suck down more power? There would be no point in buying a 3700X if the 3900 is both faster AND uses less power.

Oct 4, 2019
Hey Tom.

Good OC result but the goal is not to freeze complte MB but only to cool CPU and other chips.

In my oppinion this should be done only at one way. That way is CC-way. CC is Cold Current. Simplu imagine than current flow through any resistance not causing heating and over heating but cooling an dfreezing. Interesting is aspect where - temperature depends of resistance ammount of any active component. As resistance is lower cooling is better. This is old Tesla technology, improved and tested by Floyd Sparky Sweet in his VTA device. VTA is Vacuum Tube Amplifier, AboveUnity generator with negative power output of -5Watts. - means out of generator is a COLD CURRENT not HOT CURRENT 99,99999% used today because ignorance of PMSS - PlanetaryMainStreamScience.

Knowing modern HEMT transistor newest generation and used TCXT phase controlled oscillators entrance to the THz range is matter of months. Now using Cold Current HEMTs boosting virtual digital revolution we be possible to the ultimate level. Just imagine Your pc configuration for example 32 cores, each at fixed freq. 156,666 THz with 512 Peta bytes of DDR8 memory at same frequency.

Remember short circuit with HOT CURRENT would burn your fingers, with COLD CURRENT would momentary freeze your fingers.

I would disclose whole CC trick ---> New spinotronic of highly mobility electrons. Swap their particular spins and phased them all in mighty coherent global spin wave and volla - COLD CURRENT would flow and boost your computer to the final frontier.

Regards
DonRyzen

Dec 7, 2019
Low TDP is one of my primary "must haves" when buying a new CPU, so a 65watt 3900 would be awesome. I run my PC 17-18 hours a day 7 days a week, which consumes a ton of power. A savings of 40watts not only means the CPU uses less power, but means less cooling, using even less power. The savings add up.

But how does it compare to lower range CPU's that suck down more power? There would be no point in buying a 3700X if the 3900 is both faster AND uses less power.

Just a note that TDP doesn't equate 1 to 1 with power draw - it's a largely made up metric to approximate max heat generation out of the box that is only really comparable within the same product line. A 3900x could in an extreme case have less power draw than a 3600 (depending how hard you're working the cpu).

Last edited: