Jan 4, 2020
Hi guys I'm not a newbie been a PC user since I was a kid but I'm new to Ryzen

My specs -

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 XT
Aorus X570 Pro WiFi
32 GB 3600 MHz
DeepCool 360 mm AIO castle
Corsair iCUE 220T all fans installed

My temps under full load are 90 centigrade, is this normal? Also it only boosts to 4.3 GHz and not the advertised 4.7 GHz boost, also what are the best BIOS settings, what should I enable and disable? I wanna get maximum performance without overclocking the base clock, BTW what are your Cinebench multi core score? Mine is around 7300 points, help me guys! 🙏🏿😭

One more thing when I stress test using prime 95 it reaches 92 c but when I stress test using CPU Z it only reaches 80 c it's quite strange since I'm using a 12+4 vrm board and 360 mm cooler, I expected the temps to be below 60 centigrade.

I have OCD and I want the perfect settings, help me out guys! 🙏🏿❤

Last edited:

beorn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hi guys I'm not a newbie been a PC user since I was a kid but I'm new to Ryzen

My specs -

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 XT
Aorus X570 Pro WiFi
32 GB 3600 MHz
DeepCool 360 mm AIO castle
Corsair iCUE 220T all fans installed

My temps under full load are 90 centigrade, is this normal? Also it only boosts to 4.3 GHz and not the advertised 4.7 GHz boost, also what are the best BIOS settings, what should I enable and disable? I wanna get maximum performance without overclocking the base clock, BTW what are your Cinebench multi core score? Mine is around 7300 points, help me guys! 🙏🏿😭

One more thing when I stress test using prime 95 it reaches 92 c but when I stress test using CPU Z it only reaches 80 c it's quite strange since I'm using a 12+4 vrm board and 360 mm cooler, I expected the temps to be below 60 centigrade.

I have OCD and I want the perfect settings, help me out guys! 🙏🏿❤

I have a 3900X myself + 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM. Make sure your BIOS/chipset are updated. Also.....Try using a voltage (vcore) offset of 0.1 v negative. Works great for me. I have a Noctua CPU cooler and the highest temps I've seen on Prime 95 (blend) over hours was 76C. Cinebench scores I got were anywhere from 7250-7350. Initially before I made these changes I was getting some fire in my temps like you are

Reactions: AdrianTheHumble

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Hi guys I'm running stock settings with xmp on and all fans on silent, the temps are 72 c full load with prime 95 stress test, is this normal temperature with a 360mm rad? Or something is wrong? 🙏🏿😭

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
4.3ghz during multicore stress tests is normal. You will only hit 4.7ghz under lightly threaded/single core loads.

90°c is hot! Is your AIO properly attached to CPU? Is it properly connected to the motherboard? Do you have it properly configured in BIOS? What is your radiator and fan configuration?

360 mm Deepcool radiator and all fans are installed.

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
I have a 3900X myself + 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM. Make sure your BIOS/chipset are updated. Also.....Try using a voltage (vcore) offset of 0.1 v negative. Works great for me. I have a Noctua CPU cooler and the highest temps I've seen on Prime 95 (blend) over hours was 76C. Cinebench scores I got were anywhere from 7250-7350. Initially before I made these changes I was getting some fire in my temps like you are
Can u run a cpu only test in prime 95 for 20 minutes and reply to me the temps? Mine right now are 72 c with stock bios settings and only xmp enabled, pbo is auto.

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Guys I'm running on stock settings with only XMP enabled, the temps are 72c with prime 95 stress tests but acording to hwmonitor some cores are at 3.3 GHz while most cores are at 3.8 GHz, is there some throttling?

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
Guys I'm running on stock settings with only XMP enabled, the temps are 72c with prime 95 stress tests but acording to hwmonitor some cores are at 3.3 GHz while most cores are at 3.8 GHz, is there some throttling?
Hmm it seems like power throttling, install throttlestop and look at limit reasons, run a stress test/benchmark then keep checking the limit reasons, if you see a thingy going red then thats what is causing your power throttling, if you arent actively looking at the limit reasons then enable the log file so you can see what is causing power throttling

Reactions: AdrianTheHumble

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Hmm it seems like power throttling, install throttlestop and look at limit reasons, run a stress test/benchmark then keep checking the limit reasons, if you see a thingy going red then thats what is causing your power throttling, if you arent actively looking at the limit reasons then enable the log file so you can see what is causing power throttling
How can there be throttling when the motherboard has 12+2 power phase? Also 95 c is when the cpu throttles to save itself from dying right? I'm new to Ryzen. 🙏🏿