Question AMD RYZEN 9 5950X BSOD after windows 11 drivers update

Jun 8, 2023
I recently updated to windows 11 and with it i also updated the CPU drivers, AMD 5950x for windows 11.
After the driver installation my PC BSOD Bad_Pool_caller. And it's been looping on that crash as soon as I get to the desktop screen.

I don't know what to do from here.
Given the circumstances, the issue surely is that drivers update,
Any help would be really appreciated.

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
I recently updated to windows 11 and with it i also updated the CPU drivers, AMD 5950x for windows 11.
After the driver installation my PC BSOD Bad_Pool_caller. And it's been looping on that crash as soon as I get to the desktop screen.

I don't know what to do from here.
Given the circumstances, the issue surely is that drivers update,
Any help would be really appreciated.
You have to do a driver rollback at this point.

Here's something from Microsoft to help with that.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
Don't you just love Windows? I've lost count of the number of times I've given up trying to roll back to an earlier Restore Point and taken the Aliens "Nuke it from orbit" approach and reinstalled Windows. I know it's painful to admit defeat but sometimes it's the simplest option if you can't get into Safe Mode.

I don't suppose you have Macrium Reflect image of the disk? Very handy in these situations. I keep a second SATA SSD in most of my machines with a clone of the main M.2 Windows C: drive for these situations. If the master drive gets corrupted, I clone the backup drive on top of it.