News AMD Ryzen 9000 price listings now on Best Buy — costs significantly less than Ryzen 7000 launch prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taslios

Proper
Jul 11, 2024
All-in:
$200 6-core
$250 6-core X3D
$300 8-core
$350 8-core X3D
$400 12-core
$500 16-core
$600 16-core X3Dx2
$700 24-core X3D
:devilish:
Has anyone other than Tom from MLiD said anything about all 16 core X3D or the Mixed chiplet 24 core? I'll believe those exist when AMD tells me they exist.

Reactions: artk2219

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Has anyone other than Tom from MLiD said anything about all 16 core X3D or the Mixed chiplet 24 core? I'll believe those exist when AMD tells me they exist.
It doesn't really matter that much. That's my "dream" lineup with "all-in" pricing.

I think the 8 (Zen 5 X3D) + 16 (Zen 5C) could be nice but if AMD doesn't feel pressure to make one, or if the chiplets can't fit, then it won't happen.

On the opposite end, AMD could definitely make a low-end 9600X3D but it would have better gaming perf/$ and undercut the 9800X3D, so they won't be generous early on unless they feel threatened. Maybe it will come out years later like the 5600X3D.

I omit the unwanted 9900X3D. 9950X3D (2 cache chiplets) for the lulz, but it's understood to not be happening.

Reactions: artk2219

wbfox

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
Funny. All of the jumpers from the good ship Intel. So enthusiastic. So utterly naive. You are coming from intel because of the cpu issues to a line of AMD cpus that were just delayed due to quality concerns and are now priced cheaper than the prior generation. Nothing about that sets off any warning bells? This is what happens when as a society you no longer provide Darwin with his well deserved sacrifices. it could turn out to be fine. But wouldn't the less idiot response be to wait and let others find out first? Like crawling into the oven without hesitation after burning your hand on the stove top. SMH

TheHerald

Notable
Feb 15, 2024
Funny. All of the jumpers from the good ship Intel. So enthusiastic. So utterly naive. You are coming from intel because of the cpu issues to a line of AMD cpus that were just delayed due to quality concerns and are now priced cheaper than the prior generation. Nothing about that sets off any warning bells? This is what happens when as a society you no longer provide Darwin with his well deserved sacrifices. it could turn out to be fine. But wouldn't the less idiot response be to wait and let others find out first? Like crawling into the oven without hesitation after burning your hand on the stove top. SMH
Oh im totally not jumping ship, and certainly not because of the 13/14th gen "issues". I just want to try AMD since I havent had any desktop AMD chips since zen 2. Good thing im buying high end (9950x) cause yeah, i wouldn't be touching their midrange offers with a 10 foot pople. 6-8 cores -8 cores with 3d cache for circa 400$, lol.

This pricing looks really good compared to what we've seen lately. AMD's being smart because they know that they have Intel on the ropes and with the longevity of their platforms, pretty much anyone who adopts AM5 becomes part of a captive market the way people on AM4 were.

Once you're on an AMD platform, the cost of switching to Intel increases dramatically for a good long time because you have to add the cost of a motherboard to their CPUs which makes them completely uncompetitive. While the reverse is also true, the longevity of the AMD platform holds customers for far longer because we don't have to consider the cost of a new motherboard when upgrading like we did in the old days. I'm a perfect case-in-point because I've been on AM4 for seven years now and with my R7-5800X3D, it's a pretty good bet that I'll be able to stretch it to ten years.

It just boggles my mind that I could realistically still be good until 2027 (or even longer, who knows?). Sure, I did buy an X570 motherboard because I wanted Smart Access Memory but, as it turns out, it wasn't worth it and I should've just stuck with my ASRock X370 Killer SLI. I could easily have just stuck with my X370 and kept on going. I ended up building a system with it along with my old R7-1700 and sold it so it wasn't a total loss but I would've been better off if I just kept on using it. Oh well, lesson learned I suppose.

AMD really screwed up their 7000-series launch by not offering a Ryzen 5 X3D model because with a new long-lived platform like AM5, what they needed to do was maximise the AM5 adoption rate (which a Ryzen 5 X3D would've done). They're kinda doing things a bit bass-ackwards because the low price incentives would've been a lot more effective back when people had to buy the new (and relatively expensive) 600-series motherboards and DDR5 RAM. With AMD's business model, there's little to no risk when it comes to people switching to Intel once they've adopted the AMD platform. The earlier they get people on-board, the longer that Intel is denied those customers.

I'm glad that they finally smartened up because these lower prices coupled with the fact that the prices of motherboards and DDR5 have normalised will drive a lot more consumers to adopt AM5. It would've been more advantageous to them to have special deals when the platform came out.

Well, at least they seem to have come around. Let's just see how long this lasts.

Reactions: NinoPino
Quality issues? You think that a chip manufacturer can solve a quality issue in less than two weeks and then you call others naïve? Your post is so hair-brained and dripping with fanboyism that I'm barely able to compute it. Then you go on some rant about Darwin...

Four days ago, Forbes released an article explaining what the "quality issue" was, a typo that was made on the heat spreaders of some CPU models. All you had to do was pay attention and you would've known this. Here's a picture of the "quality issue" (as AMD has called it):
0x0.png

The way that AMD nomenclature works is quite simple. If the CPU ends in...

100-300 = Ryzen 3
400-600 = Ryzen 5
700-800 = Ryzen 7
900-950 = Ryzen 9

So here we have a Ryzen 7 that has been mislabelled as a Ryzen 9. It's a bit embarrassing, but has absolutely no bearing on anything to do with the CPU itself so your attempt at fearmongering and insulting people who are jumping to CPUs that don't self-destruct isn't doing you any favours. It's instead making you look ignorant, naive, biased and petty. I find it ironic that you are referring to them as idiots. You just come across as a hopeless Intel fanboy who's grasping at straws because your beloved brand's CPUs are experiencing a failure-rate never before seen outside of competitive overclocking.

Here's the article from Forbes I'm talking about because unlike no-nothing know-it-alls, I talk out of the correct hole:

AMD Surprise Ryzen 9000 Delay Due To Simple Heatspreader Typo?

You referred to Darwin. I'll do you one better by referring to Dunning and Kruger. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: usertests

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Nice b8 m8

Reactions: Avro Arrow

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
My final decision will be made after official reviews are out.

A good start. Get 9950X if you want multithreading, but the MSRP of the 9900X isn't bad either. Ignore 9700X for 7800X3D or 9800X3D.
Well, if someone's looking for an X3D CPU, they won't be buying an X anyway and they'll just wait for the R7-9800X3D to come out.

I wonder if AMD will show some cojones and release an R5 X3D CPU this time around. That would be like a Mike Tyson uppercut to Intel's chin.

Reactions: usertests
Status
Not open for further replies.