News AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver Installation Issues Tackled With New Version

Makaveli

Splendid
I was able to fix the previous driver install issue by just installing the old driver first before. If this version doesn't have many fixes I may not bother installing it.

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Another issue with AMD software... Haven't had a single issue with drivers or firmware over the last 10 years - of course was using Gigabyte motherboards and US made CPUs.

dan_L

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Even with this newest version, I get the same Error 1720 messageas before:
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action GetlnstalledDrivers_up script error -2147024894, WshShell.RegRead: Unable t ...

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Their manufacturing isn't. Cheap Chinese Knockoff - Taiwan may not think it's part of China, China however disagrees. Most Intel desktop CPUs are made in the US - definitely not China. Maybe AMD should outsource the entire software dept to China - At least there they have a decent chance of getting some people who are competent to make sure the drivers work without all the issues - the presumably American coders they employ probably couldn't get on at Intel or Nvidia - so instead they ply their amateurish skillset for AMD... AMD has to take whatever scraps that Intel and Nvidia doesn't want.

cat1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Intel manufactures lots of their CPU's in Asia (Vietnam) & has been for years. This keeps them from having issues with labor unions wanting fair pay for employees. Apple did the same & am sure so did AMD. Truth is, they all need to bring their facilities back home, as all enjoys big US tax breaks & should be giving Americans those jobs. We need more manufacturing jobs, can't survive on retail & service alone.

At least (until recently) AMD still properly solders their IHS to the die, although have began to use thermal paste with low priced mobile CPU's. Not their mainstream lineup (since Ivy Bridge). Intel done this & never said a word upfront, many didn't know well into the Haswell-era (neither did I). Otherwise would have done a X99 build over Z97 & i7-4790K for $200 more (with i7-5820K, still 28 lanes versus 16 & with OC, can still get to 4.4GHz).

Not to mention the massive security issues someone at Intel likely knew of & swept under the rug. Yes, AMD had an issue or two, yet nowhere near on the scale as Intel. They also finally admitted it's 6 & 8 core FX chips were actually tri & quad core, we should be getting a settlement. Intel has yet to offer one for all of their security flaws. The least they could do is do CPU swaps to repaired models, or in the case of 2nd & earlier gen, repair & return to customers.

I'd take the word of AMD over Intel at any time. Am not a fanboy of either, have both brands, yet when I build again, will be AMD. Intel has talked 10 nm since before the Skylake release 5 years ago & just getting there on certain models, while AMD has 7 nm in the basket. They did a lot in a short span & in doing so, keeps pricing competitive for everyone.:)

Cat

TRENDING THREADS