[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen Core Voltage

Tomramos

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
I have a Ryzen 3600 on an Asus Prime X-370 Pro with the latest BIOS 5601. I've noticed that my core voltage is 1.221v on CPU-Z. When I see reviews of this CPU, the voltage core reads 1.4 on CPU-Z. My bios settings are default. I'm not looking to overclock just have it run right. I've also read that normal Core Voltage is 1.4. Why am I not seeing those? Or does the voltage go up and down with CPU usage?

Solution
I have a Ryzen 3600 on an Asus Prime X-370 Pro with the latest BIOS 5601. I've noticed that my core voltage is 1.221v on CPU-Z. When I see reviews of this CPU, the voltage core reads 1.4 on CPU-Z. My bios settings are default. I'm not looking to overclock just have it run right. I've also read that normal Core Voltage is 1.4. Why am I not seeing those? Or does the voltage go up and down with CPU usage?
It's kinda illogical but voltage is usually substantially higher on idle than under load. If your voltage (which is good) does not vary with load it possibly means that frequency is set to only one or that Core acceleration is not enabled.
With proper settings and Power plan, it should vary from 1GHz or thereabouts at idle to...
It's kinda illogical but voltage is usually substantially higher on idle than under load. If your voltage (which is good) does not vary with load it possibly means that frequency is set to only one or that Core acceleration is not enabled.
With proper settings and Power plan, it should vary from 1GHz or thereabouts at idle to 4.2GHz at high loads.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS