AMD Ryzen CPUs Top Amazon's Best Sellers List

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

People are just stupid...when they find out that Ryzen is slower than Kaby Lake in gaming. Gaming is the number one reason people do make purchase.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
you have any proof to back that up? also even if the IPC is slightly better in kaby lake and you get an extra 1 or 2 frames from current games that doesnt mean games wont take advantage of those 16 threads in years to come. If they get within 5% of IPC performance then i'll be replacing my 2500k with a 1700x because i'm cheap and it means i wont need to upgrade anything but the graphics card for years to come

Lol, Freak was going all troll on the prior AMD Ryzen articles.

It is a bit premature to jump all in on Ryzen but it doesn't make people stupid that is for sure.

If they get within 10% Kaby Lake performance in single threaded games I'm replacing my 2500K.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
For all the rumors and now confirmations of some of those rumors, I think this is an exciting release. What I don't get is people jumping on the wagon a bit prematurely. We know the day 1 reviews will be pretty good - they generally are for exciting products. What we don't know is how well AMD's R&D budget was able to tune this platform. I would definitely want to see 3 or 4 UEFI/BIOS updates and some user feedback before putting on my gamble hat.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I mainly do video encoding where multicore/mulithreaded performance is more important than single thread performance, so it's a pretty safe bet that Ryzen is going to be far more bang for my buck than an Intel chip. Now I just need to save up enough to overhaul my system.

I half agree. At this point I'm waiting for 3rd party reviews. Cherry picked or not what we have right now is AMD's word on all of the results we are seeing. Another week and we can settle all of the rumors and speculation flying around like crazy.

Edit: I will go on record I believe the results I have seen so far.

InvalidError

Titan

AMD let some people play with some of their test rigs during their Ryzen press event and those people have confirmed that actual results are in line with AMD's claims. It isn't only rumors and AMD's own claims anymore.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I made my 1800X pre order to do Rendering in Adobe Premiere , i could care less about Freak`s trolling on any Ryzen article.

about "cherry picked" benchmarks, those two benchmarks are also the ones that Intel recommends when they send CPUs out for review ... AMD chose to use the same benchmarks that Intel uses ...

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
So TOM's; you haven't tested it yet, or when does the NDA lift :-D
Perhaps the NDA prevents you from discussing the NDA...

BoredSysAdmin

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
What is amusing (or call it hypocrisy) in my opinion is despise clearly step back approach to these product (and i'd consider it a wise choice. Don't jump the gun etc..) but this didn't stop a follow up article to a) keep spinning the rumor mill and more importantly b) click tracking and affiliate links to directly profit from.

Pffft 2500Kers. I'm still using an i5 760 (@3.4GHz, 4.0GHz turbo). Ryzen is looking a true upgrade for me (eight physical cores!) and I'm thinking I'm gonna do it. I have no "brand" loyalty whatsoever (I don't understand it, to be honest; my last CPU was an Athlon 64 X2 4200). Bang for the buck is ALL that matters, surely.

nzalog

Respectable
BANNED
Jan 2, 2017
Glad you can't review these on amazon yet. So annoying when people review products that they don't even have in their possession.

InvalidError

Titan

Yup, AMD is clearly gunning for bang per buck with Ryzen and with pricing like that, the performance would need to fall drastically short of everything that has been leaked and published so far for it to fail. Either that or drastic price cuts from Intel's side.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
You would *think* that if Ryzen's IPC is close to Kaby that Intel HAS to drastically cut prices, no? As it is right now, the best CPU you can get on their mainstream consumer chipset is a 4 core with HT. I'm also not sure Intel can add more cores if they wanted to for the Z2xx series mobos.

So, all things being equal, Intel will have a real problem on their hands if Ryzen's "cheaper" versions (the 4C/8T series) are basically equivalent to a 7700K, Intel's current best consumer cpu, and their high end 1800X (still consumer CPU) beats their near-high end non-mainstream 8C/16T cpu 6900K.

Even if you're a die-hard intel fanboy, the inevitable price cuts caused by Ryzen should get you excited.

Unless you have stocks in the company and you feel you need to "do your bit" (however small), I don't see why you'd show any "loyalty" or fanboism toward Intel (or Nvidia or AMD or Apple or Samsung or any of these multinational corporations). These companies don't care about YOU, only your MONEY. It's really THAT simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.