[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen Master "a newer version is already installed" fix methods don't work

Letten

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Hi, I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and I've just discovered Ryzen Master so I decieded to install it but it tells me that there is already a newer version installed.

I've already tested all methods to fix this problem in the first page of google when I search "ryzen master newer version already installed"

This error pops up after the .exe extracts the installers and it tries to run the .msi

Specs:
Windows 10 in 256GB SSD
Hyperx 2x8GB DDR4 2400Mhz
Ryzen 5 2600@4.0Ghz via BIOS
GTX 1060 3Gb
ASUS B350m-A prime

Last edited:
Solution
Did you also run CCleaner's Registry cleaner to be SURE AI Suite was fully removed ??
I had to run CCleaner twice on my registry to get rid of all traces of AI Suite and Aura when they stopped working due to the Asus Certificate fiasco.
Before doing that I couldn't get either to reinstall and run.
I personally didn't have that issue with Ryzen Master though.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
What MB do you have and are you running some OCing software that uses Ryzen Master (like Asus AI Suite).
It sounds to me like Ryzen master is detecting some other software that uses Ryzen Master to OC.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Did you also run CCleaner's Registry cleaner to be SURE AI Suite was fully removed ??
I had to run CCleaner twice on my registry to get rid of all traces of AI Suite and Aura when they stopped working due to the Asus Certificate fiasco.
Before doing that I couldn't get either to reinstall and run.
I personally didn't have that issue with Ryzen Master though.

Solution
Feb 15, 2020
  1. run regedit
  2. find this folder: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
  3. change the value of every single "DisplayVersion" subkey in there to something less than 2.1
It's super painful (write down what you changed so you can change it back after), but it works.

Else start with a clean install of Windows and install Ryzen Master first.