[SOLVED] Amd Ryzen master changed my cpu clock speed and can’t change it back! Help

Oct 5, 2020
I’ve only had my pc for about 2 weeks now, I’ve been using Ryzen master to check my temps and it’s speed. Yesterday I wanted to try to overclock it so my stock cpu speed is 3.60 ghz and I set it to 4.00 ghz. I even put the voltage up a tiny bit. I followed a YouTube guide. I applied the setting and once I stress tested it my pc crashed so I was like okay I need to put it back. But once I booted up my pc and I checked task manager it says my default speed is at 4.00 ghz and my cpu Usage is at 100% wit only one thing opened. I opened ryzen master and tried to put it back to default and it wouldn’t go back. It would change all cores back to 3600 but it still says 4000 on the speed. Idk what I did wrong ? I ended up putting bios back to default and uninstalled ryzen master but nope it wouldn’t work. I downloaded Ryzen master again and it changed my clock speed back to 3.60 ghz but only while I was on at that time. When I turn it off and come back it’ll be back at 4.00 ghz until I manually reset it again but then it goes back!! It’s like it permanently changed my clock speed but I heard it’s impossible. I need help guys please. It’s making my pc crash when I play. My specs are
Gtx 1060 6gb superclocked.
Ryzen 5 2600x 3.60 ghz.
16gb ram 3200
Msi x470 gaming plus max motherboard.
Any suggestions in how to fix this problem? I’m new and idk what to do.

Solution
I’ve only had my pc for about 2 weeks now, I’ve been using Ryzen master to check my temps and it’s speed. Yesterday I wanted to try to overclock it so my stock cpu speed is 3.60 ghz and I set it to 4.00 ghz. I even put the voltage up a tiny bit. I followed a YouTube guide. I applied the setting and once I stress tested it my pc crashed so I was like okay I need to put it back. But once I booted up my pc and I checked task manager it says my default speed is at 4.00 ghz and my cpu Usage is at 100% wit only one thing opened. I opened ryzen master and tried to put it back to default and it wouldn’t go back. It would change all cores back to 3600 but it still says 4000 on the speed. Idk what I did wrong ? I ended up putting bios back to...
I’ve only had my pc for about 2 weeks now, I’ve been using Ryzen master to check my temps and it’s speed. Yesterday I wanted to try to overclock it so my stock cpu speed is 3.60 ghz and I set it to 4.00 ghz. I even put the voltage up a tiny bit. I followed a YouTube guide. I applied the setting and once I stress tested it my pc crashed so I was like okay I need to put it back. But once I booted up my pc and I checked task manager it says my default speed is at 4.00 ghz and my cpu Usage is at 100% wit only one thing opened. I opened ryzen master and tried to put it back to default and it wouldn’t go back. It would change all cores back to 3600 but it still says 4000 on the speed. Idk what I did wrong ? I ended up putting bios back to default and uninstalled ryzen master but nope it wouldn’t work. I downloaded Ryzen master again and it changed my clock speed back to 3.60 ghz but only while I was on at that time. When I turn it off and come back it’ll be back at 4.00 ghz until I manually reset it again but then it goes back!! It’s like it permanently changed my clock speed but I heard it’s impossible. I need help guys please. It’s making my pc crash when I play. My specs are
Gtx 1060 6gb superclocked.
Ryzen 5 2600x 3.60 ghz.
16gb ram 3200
Msi x470 gaming plus max motherboard.
Any suggestions in how to fix this problem? I’m new and idk what to do.
It's not impossible, RM in some instances changes values in BIOS so they are permanent until you rest CMOS/BIOS, Do that after uninstalling M and than reinstall it again but don't make any changes, use it only for information.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution