[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen Master potentially killed PC

Sep 28, 2020
Howdy y'all. I'm new around these but my little "oopsie" is in need of urgent attention for my sake.

TL;DR:
I boosted cpu memory clock in Ryzen Master and now my PC won't post with a yellow steady light on motherboard.

Prelude:
So 5 days go I settled for a rx 5700xt have to come to the realization that I most likely wouldn't get the rtx 30 or potentially the rx 6000 series cards due to the current climate of bots and product scarcity. My build has been sitting 99% completed for 2 weeks prior. I got the card cheap enough to where I can easily upgrade with little to no financial hit for upgrading it a few months down. I completed my build the same day I got the car and then went to town with driver updates and game downloads, one of which is the new microsoft flight simulator.

Present:
During my late night YT surfing I came across JayzTwoCents video "How to get better performance in flight simulator 2020." Watched the video in its entirety and in it he mentioned AMD Ryzen Master and enabled game mode to boost performance. I thought it was worth a shot to give it a try although I have a ryzen 5 3600XT and the PC in the video was a 3900X. I installed the program and attempted to match the settings that were in the vid in a few frames that it was up, the only thing that I changed we're the memory clock (1900mhz) and turning on coupled mode. I Restarted the PC booted fs2020 in New York and immediately noticed that my fps was lowered and the game would stutter infrequently. I attempted to reset my profile within Game Master, restarted PC to the same degraded performance I was experiencing. I did a very quick Google search about game master and came up on a Reddit thread stating that creation mode is the default for the cpu and that's where things went downhill for me.

Dilemma:
I went back into Ryzen Master and mirrored the same two settings that were in Game mode into creation mode. Applied the changes and restarted the computer only for it not to post. Nothing appears on my TV, gpu fan aren't spinning and my motherboard now has a yellow steady light whenever I power on. I've tried only having one ram stick and having swap places, plus removing the gpu but they never changed the current situation. I'm at a complete list with this.

Final:
I'm fully aware that what I did was stupid and I'm not pitting the blame on any person or corporation for my ignorance. I just want to know if there's someone out there that knows how to remedy this issue and what would be my best course of action (if there is one) for me to take. Thank you for your time and stay prosperous during these unpredictable times.

Specs:
CPU-Ryzen 5 3600XT
MOBO-ASUS ROG STRIK B550-I Gaming
GPU-MSI MECH RX 5700XT
RAM-32GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR4
SSD-Intel 660p 2TB M.2
CASE-NZXT H1 with AIO and 650w modular PSU

Solution
So I've cleared the CMOS and restored the BIOS but I'm not able to boot into windows from there. It brings me back to the BIOS after resets and cold starts.

Edit: spelling
Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to change the boot order. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
Howdy y'all. I'm new around these but my little "oopsie" is in need of urgent attention for my sake.

TL;DR:
I boosted cpu memory clock in Ryzen Master and now my PC won't post with a yellow steady light on motherboard.

Prelude:
So 5 days go I settled for a rx 5700xt have to come to the realization that I most likely wouldn't get the rtx 30 or potentially the rx 6000 series cards due to the current climate of bots and product scarcity. My build has been sitting 99% completed for 2 weeks prior. I got the card cheap enough to where I can easily upgrade with little to no financial hit for upgrading it a few months down. I completed my build the same day I got the car and then went to town with driver updates and game downloads, one of which is the new microsoft flight simulator.

Present:
During my late night YT surfing I came across JayzTwoCents video "How to get better performance in flight simulator 2020." Watched the video in its entirety and in it he mentioned AMD Ryzen Master and enabled game mode to boost performance. I thought it was worth a shot to give it a try although I have a ryzen 5 3600XT and the PC in the video was a 3900X. I installed the program and attempted to match the settings that were in the vid in a few frames that it was up, the only thing that I changed we're the memory clock (1900mhz) and turning on coupled mode. I Restarted the PC booted fs2020 in New York and immediately noticed that my fps was lowered and the game would stutter infrequently. I attempted to reset my profile within Game Master, restarted PC to the same degraded performance I was experiencing. I did a very quick Google search about game master and came up on a Reddit thread stating that creation mode is the default for the cpu and that's where things went downhill for me.

Dilemma:
I went back into Ryzen Master and mirrored the same two settings that were in Game mode into creation mode. Applied the changes and restarted the computer only for it not to post. Nothing appears on my TV, gpu fan aren't spinning and my motherboard now has a yellow steady light whenever I power on. I've tried only having one ram stick and having swap places, plus removing the gpu but they never changed the current situation. I'm at a complete list with this.

Final:
I'm fully aware that what I did was stupid and I'm not pitting the blame on any person or corporation for my ignorance. I just want to know if there's someone out there that knows how to remedy this issue and what would be my best course of action (if there is one) for me to take. Thank you for your time and stay prosperous during these unpredictable times.

Specs:
CPU-Ryzen 5 3600XT
MOBO-ASUS ROG STRIK B550-I Gaming
GPU-MSI MECH RX 5700XT
RAM-32GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR4
SSD-Intel 660p 2TB M.2
CASE-NZXT H1 with AIO and 650w modular PSU
First thing would be to reset CMOS/BIOS to factory settings. Start windows in safe mode and uninstall Ryzen Master.

Reactions: RodroX
Sep 28, 2020
First thing would be to reset CMOS/BIOS to factory settings. Start windows in safe mode and uninstall Ryzen Master.
So I've cleared the CMOS and restored the BIOS but I'm not able to boot into windows from there. It brings me back to the BIOS after resets and cold starts.

Sep 28, 2020

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to change the boot order. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Solution