[SOLVED] AMD Ryzen9 3900 with H80i 82-95c while gaming.

Klaz49

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
about 2 weeks ago, I started smelling a faint burning smell. at first I thought it was something in my room, but after singling out every electronic in my room , i started checking my temps on my pc. My PC is normally at 63c while idle/ browsing internet,but in HWinfo it will show max as like 10c higher. Similarly While gaming, its usually 83-86c, however in HWinfo, its showing max as 95c(against 10c max spike for some reason), and im not sure why. I thought maybe this was because of dirtyness or the AIO heatsink, So today I reseated it and completely de-dusted my pc. however the problem still persists. my AIO (H80i v2) seems to be working fine, it shows the liquid in it is 45c, and the RPM for its fans and the radiator are working, but I dont understand why my temps are so high. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really like to no have a burning smell coming from my pc (even tho I have had 0 problems with my pc so far) and have such high temps.

Solution
45C LIQUID temperature is high. The liquid isn't flowing as well as it once was, either blockage in the loop, or something's up with the pump motor+impeller - OR one of the H80's fans is locking up.

Scent of something burning? I would have shut everything down, taken the PC and gpu apart in paranoia, looking for anything that resembled a burn...
about 2 weeks ago, I started smelling a faint burning smell. at first I thought it was something in my room, but after singling out every electronic in my room , i started checking my temps on my pc. My PC is normally at 63c while idle/ browsing internet,but in HWinfo it will show max as like 10c higher. Similarly While gaming, its usually 83-86c, however in HWinfo, its showing max as 95c(against 10c max spike for some reason), and im not sure why. I thought maybe this was because of dirtyness or the AIO heatsink, So today I reseated it and completely de-dusted my pc. however the problem still persists. my AIO (H80i v2) seems to be working fine, it shows the liquid in it is 45c, and the RPM for its fans and the radiator are working, but I dont understand why my temps are so high. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really like to no have a burning smell coming from my pc (even tho I have had 0 problems with my pc so far) and have such high temps.
Too small cooler for 3900x.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
45C LIQUID temperature is high. The liquid isn't flowing as well as it once was, either blockage in the loop, or something's up with the pump motor+impeller - OR one of the H80's fans is locking up.

Scent of something burning? I would have shut everything down, taken the PC and gpu apart in paranoia, looking for anything that resembled a burn...

Solution

Klaz49

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
Too small cooler for 3900x.
Well i had this same cooler before, and the temps were fine. they were like maybe 50c idle, and 65-75c while gaming. so now im starting to think the pump is dying.

Is a blockage something I can fix? at least the pump says its working fine, the rpm of both the fans and the pump itself are fine, however im not sure if the software would show a "blockage"
Im pretty sure the burning smell is coming from the pump or radiator part, as when I put my pc in full performance mode, thats when i can subtly smell it. then when I put it in "power saving mode" it goes away.

TRENDING THREADS