Question AMD Settings questions (for fortnite)

May 10, 2019
When I play fortnite on full screen mode, I get screen tearing, I play on all low settings, with render dist at medium. My display: BENQ GL2580HM - 60hz - No gsync or freesync. I have an amd rx570 4gb. Ryzen 2200g. just looking for amd settings to remove screen tearing in fullscreen and to increase fps while not making games look like crap. Like should I have "Virtual Super Resolution" on?

Edit: I play on 75hz custom cap through the fortnite config because it makes the game feel less stuttery.

May I ask why you want over 60fps? You won't notice a difference as your monitor cannot display over 60fps.

The ONLY way to remove screen tearing on a no G-sync or free-sync monitor is to use V-sync which will limit your FPS to 60hz.

You can use fast sync to get over 60fps but only send 60 to the monitor to remove tearing, but this may be an Nvidia exclusive and provides no benefit over vsync.

May 10, 2019
May I ask why you want over 60fps? You won't notice a difference as your monitor cannot display over 60fps.

The ONLY way to remove screen tearing on a no G-sync or free-sync monitor is to use V-sync which will limit your FPS to 60hz.

You can use fast sync to get over 60fps but only send 60 to the monitor to remove tearing, but this may be an Nvidia exclusive and provides no benefit over vsync.
when i cap it at 60 it makes the game feel a little more stuttery idk why.

any way to fix it on my current monitor?
Any time you have framerate over your monitors Hz and dont use any sort of sync, you will have tearing.

Nvidia FastSync and AMD enhanced sync both allow you to have unlimited FPS but only send 60fps to the monitor to remove screen tearing,
https://www.displayninja.com/what-is-nvidia-fast-sync-and-amd-enhanced-sync/

So I would use AMD enhanced sync. That article tells you how to enable it.
I noticed it was enabled by default on my AMD card.

May 10, 2019
Any time you have framerate over your monitors Hz and dont use any sort of sync, you will have tearing.

Nvidia FastSync and AMD enhanced sync both allow you to have unlimited FPS but only send 60fps to the monitor to remove screen tearing,
https://www.displayninja.com/what-is-nvidia-fast-sync-and-amd-enhanced-sync/

So I would use AMD enhanced sync. That article tells you how to enable it.
I noticed it was enabled by default on my AMD card.
Does this introduce any input lag?

May 10, 2019
Curious, in my amd radeon global settings, freesync is on "amd optimized" but I don't have freesync, and in fact, the display tab says "freesync: not supported". Could this be causing any issues?

May 10, 2019
Capped my fps at 120 and turned on enhanced sync, absolutely zero screen tears, on windowed fullscreen. Fullscreen has some screen tears, but not when I'm just spinning my mouse around in a circle. It's only when I'm in an intense moment or I'm freebuilding.