News AMD Share Skyrockets Amid Biggest Quarterly Desktop PC Decline In History

Tom Sunday

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
WOW…The biggest desktop PC quarterly decline in history. Would have never believed it would come to this. Certainly the folks lining-up at ‘Best Buy’ just a few months ago at 4AM to snagging that illusive GPU, did not get this message either. But what do I know! Yet I do vividly remember cheering out loud when AMD on November 19, 2021 was at $155 per share. Today it’s looming at $87 per share. WTF! I would really like to invest some of my hoarded 401K and subsequent matches made by my company, but not sure if we ever see those $155 AMD stock days again. I would also love if AMD would finally start paying ‘stock dividends’ (3-4%?) to make investors happy and to at least that way guarantying some extra growth and income along the way! Did AMD managed to carve out significant wins during the recent tumultuous quarter? I am not at all convinced because the stock value ever since late 2021 is most definitely going and spireling into the wrong direction.

Alvar "Miles" Udell

Respectable
Apr 1, 2020
Not exactly something to celebrate.

On the desktop side they are more expensive than their Intel counterparts while providing less performance, but they are a cheaper solution to upgrade an existing AM4 platform with the caveat it's a dead end platform. TH pointed this fact out on their article yesterday about AMD's "new" chips. And yes I still loathe them for not cutting prices of the Ryzen 5000 series yet.

Server's a different story, as long as Intel keeps up their splitting hair segmentation, they're going to lose ground to AMD, and it's a win for server builders.

Mobile...we'll see. Both AMD and Intel have great options now, consumer wins in that market.

UWguy

Commendable
Jan 13, 2021
AMD stock is falling fast…we’ll maybe not as fast as Bitcoin. When do you think we’ll see the stock below $50 a share? My guess is two weeks of things don’t improve.

Reactions: artk2219
Apr 25, 2022
yes, AMD shares value are dropping, but Intel too lost 25% value in the last 6 months, Nvidia did much worst. All stock market are slowly crashing, its not just AMD, and it have nothing to do with its performance and innovation. I think the only business doing globally very well are oil company. Suncor gained 63% valuation in last year and exxon 44%

Last edited:

Tom Sunday

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
AMD stock is falling fast…we’ll maybe not as fast as Bitcoin. When do you think we’ll see the stock below $50 a share?
A lot of people and investors gotten spoiled once AMD essentially jumped from $48 per share in January 2020 to $95 later in December. Many actually doubled their investment in less than 1-years time. I jumped on the bandwagon a bit late at $56 per share but by cashing-in relatively early (despite my vehemently opposed financial advisor) and yet had a very nice run. Of course my immediate ‘reactive thought’ and based on yesterdays headline was if things would repeat themselves and me going back once more to the same well. If AMD stock is starting now to stalemate around the $50 mark it will be in the Intel stock range. But at least Intel is paying a dividend to soften the blow as I tool along in these totally unpredictable times of the tech-market and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: artk2219

maik80

Prominent
May 21, 2021
Apple's financial report points to 15% growth in Macs, this guy doesn't even know what he's talking about,
  • Mac: US$10,4 bilhões (+15%)

Last edited:

artk2219

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Apple's financial report points to 15% growth in Macs, this guy doesn't even know what he's talking about,
  • Mac: US$10,4 bilhões (+15%)
Someone didn't read the title, "AMD Share Skyrockets Amid Biggest Quarterly Desktop PC Decline In History". Macs are mostly mobile, while they definitely have desktops, most of Apples sales are in laptops, thats the same as every other computer manufacturer, their laptops have made gains recently, desktops, eh I'd have to see the data. Either way, Apple has become roughly 15% of the total market (dekstops and laptops), ranking them behind Lenovo, HP, and Dell in terms of units sold (profits is a WHOLE different story), good for them i guess.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS