News AMD Shares First Official Ryzen 7 7800X3D Gaming Benchmarks vs Core i9-13900K, Up To 24% Faster

Lol, did they actually not even know what game they are testing or is there really a horizon zero down?!
Also having the 'up to' disclaimer on every pic probably means that they took the max FPS and not the avg.
NuDaLA6Kgk6JLxKGENmpxQ-970-80.png.webp

Amdlova

Distinguished
I build a 5700G with 4133mhz ram. One year after the system can't do even 3600 mhz. Unstable frozen in windows changed the memory old sticks 2666mhz works perfectly.

How fast these new amd cpu will have problem 😡

Ah, lads. This is getting a bit long in the tooth. The "Doesn't work in all games" bla bla argument.

Whilst it may not work on all games, it seems to work well on newer game engines. At least that's what I can see. I guess if you go back far enough to games that simply wouldn't take advantage of it then you could really say that. But a lot of newer games do make use of it, and performance/fps is increased. It's plain to see that this tech works. Denying it doesn't make it bad, because you think so.

Where are Intel with their Foveros tech? Ill tell you where, two steps behind! The X3d cache will be used more and more by game developers. as AMD/Publishers can push games that do really well with X3d CPU's. Maybe Intel can bring Foveros or variant to desktop CPU's, but right now they don't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both Intel and AMD. I have systems with both. They all do what I need them to do.

This is a great time for CPUs/Innovation. It's all good for the consumer. We get choice, and the choices are really good.

KyaraM

Admirable
Mar 11, 2022
It's always nice to get the facts on the table. Luckily we have you, the resident AMD-hater, to spew nonsense and cheer us up while we wait.
So not taking AMD or any other company at face value is spouting nonsense and hating now? lmao. Btw, the test my "nonsense" is based on:

Previous gen equivalent CPUs against each other. 1% overall lead for the 5800X3D. Any more questions?

Oh, and, just for info. I don't hate AMD and have in fact a laptop with an AMD CPU I'm sitting at just now. I'm just not dumb enough to believe every word any company says. And it doesn't matter which one, at that. The moment I believe a claim is when I see it backed up by actual benchmarks, not some company slides.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023
Without wanting to get involved in a platform argument, my perspective is that this CPU is probably going to offer very good gaming performance for relatively low cost and power draw, making it an attractive proposition for gamers to build a system around. This is good for everyone, because it will push Intel to step up their game for the next generation. As consumers we all win.

SunMaster

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
So not taking AMD or any other company at face value is spouting nonsense and hating now? lmao. Btw, the test my "nonsense" is based on:

The nonsense part is where you assume. None of us do know. On the other hand I could take a comparison of the 5800x3d and 13900k -

130567.png

a game where the 13900K beat the 5800x3d - and AMD claims the 7800x3d is 23% faster.

I'm sure you, as per usual, know better.

Previous gen equivalent CPUs against each other. 1% overall lead for the 5800X3D. Any more questions?

Oh, and, just for info. I don't hate AMD and have in fact a laptop with an AMD CPU I'm sitting at just now. I'm just not dumb enough to believe every word any company says. And it doesn't matter which one, at that. The moment I believe a claim is when I see it backed up by actual benchmarks, not some company slides.

And there go the Mods closing the thread off without further reply! ;)

Reactions: artk2219

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
We’ll have to see things pan out in our own benchmark testing, but it looks like the Ryzen 7 7800X3D will steal the performance crown back from Intel’s Raptor Lake when it arrives next month.
AMD already owns the performance crown with 7950X and 7950X3D. 7900X3D also outperforms 13900KS in gaming, once 7800X3D is released then that would be the nail in the coffin.

KyaraM

Admirable
Mar 11, 2022
The nonsense part is where you assume. None of us do know. On the other hand I could take a comparison of the 5800x3d and 13900k -

130567.png

a game where the 13900K beat the 5800x3d - and AMD claims the 7800x3d is 23% faster.

I'm sure you, as per usual, know better.
They can claim all they want. Showing a handful of games does not provide a full overview is my point anyways. Until it's proven, I don't believe any of it and that is all there is to it if ypu like it or not. Now excuse me, this is going nowhere and I won't get insulted by you longer. Bye.

Reactions: neblogai
Ah, lads. This is getting a bit long in the tooth. The "Doesn't work in all games" bla bla argument.

Whilst it may not work on all games, it seems to work well on newer game engines. At least that's what I can see. I guess if you go back far enough to games that simply wouldn't take advantage of it then you could really say that. But a lot of newer games do make use of it, and performance/fps is increased. It's plain to see that this tech works. Denying it doesn't make it bad, because you think so.

Where are Intel with their Foveros tech? Ill tell you where, two steps behind! The X3d cache will be used more and more by game developers. as AMD/Publishers can push games that do really well with X3d CPU's. Maybe Intel can bring Foveros or variant to desktop CPU's, but right now they don't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both Intel and AMD. I have systems with both. They all do what I need them to do.

This is a great time for CPUs/Innovation. It's all good for the consumer. We get choice, and the choices are really good.
Just because intel doesn't have to bend over backwards to make a sale in the desktop market like AMD is forced to do doesn't mean that they are two steps behind.
Intel has a CPU with 64gb of on chip HBM, currently selling...for $8000 upwards, not for $5-600 like AMD.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/max-series/overview.html
newsroom-max-series-wallpaper-1200x717.jpg

The lineup for the “HPC Optimized” Xeon Max series SKUs includes 32-, 40-, 48-, 52- and 56-core versions. All five of these 2-socket parts top out at 350 watts, and list pricing runs from $7,995 for the 32-core 9462 to $12,980 for the 56-core 9480. There are two SKUs more expensive than the 9480 Max series: the 60-core 8490H, which runs a cool $17,000, and the 48-core 8460H at $13,923.

Apr 1, 2020
The problem with the 7000 series X3D chips is their prices and the rise of quality, high refresh rate 4K monitors. They CAN have higher performance in games, if the game takes advantage of the cache, which many don't. They DO have higher efficiency than Intel's 13000 series, but that's not a factor in most parts of the world. As is still the case CPU differences fall off drastically after 1920x1080, and I'll use Techpowerup's graph as TomsHardware did not test the 7950X3D at 4K, so "gamers" who use large 4K monitors, like the Gigabyte OLED that's so often on sale and promoted as a deal on TH, will see little benefit of a X3D chip over a non X3D chip, even with a RTX 4090.

If the 7950X3D didn't have a $100 price penalty out of the gate, and the 5800X3D didn't exist at well under $400 along with a much less expensive platform, it'd be a no brainer. Sure it's selling, "gamers" will value the higher performance in CS:GO and other such games, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its problems that will prevent it from selling to the wider audience.

relative-performance-games-38410-2160.png

Like any piece of hardware it has its advantages and its flaws, but for the majority the total platform cost makes the 7950X3D lose to the 13900K.

Just because intel doesn't have to bend over backwards to make a sale in the desktop market like AMD is forced to do doesn't mean that they are two steps behind.
Intel has a CPU with 64gb of on chip HBM, currently selling...for $8000 upwards, not for $5-600 like AMD.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/max-series/overview.html
So your argument being, Intel can but they just don't!?

We're talking about this tech, here and now. This is good for gamers. Really strong chips, with great gaming performance, and which will get better as Game Devs make better use of the hardware and their game engines.

BTW thanks for the fancy graph! Prob just another roadmap Intel can't stick too! ;)

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
So your argument being, Intel can but they just don't!?

We're talking about this tech, here and now. This is good for gamers. Really strong chips, with great gaming performance, and which will get better as Game Devs make better use of the hardware and their game engines.

BTW thanks for the fancy graph! Prob just another roadmap Intel can't stick too! ;)
He would know, he works for Intel. :p

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Exactly.

This trend where hardware makers handpick games, and tech sites blindly copy these slides, is ridiculous.

This never used to happen, because tech sites had integrity and would never blindly copy/paste promotion slides and plaster it on the front page.
C'mon! There are a few here on this forum, that specifically choose games to illustrate the negative of x3d chips. Games that don't benefit from 3-5 years ago. The point is that game devs will make use of this. It will make these CPU's all the more desirable.

It's clear from all reviews, that the 5800x3d, and the new batch are excellent gamer focused CPU's. However, Intel have also got some pretty amazing chips too.

Am looking forward to Intel's response. Raptor really is a strong chip.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022

Whilst it may not work on all games, it seems to work well on newer game engines.

It is the exact opposite.

X3D works better in older titles.

Intel works better on newer titles.

A 5800X3D can keep up with a 13900k in old titles. But it can not keep up in new titles.

That is likely why AMD always picks older games for their slides.

TechPowerUp has shown this in multiple benchmarks by comparing old and new game titles.

sfsfffffff.png

Last edited: