News AMD Ships Out Ryzen 5 3600 CPUs in Ryzen 3 3200G Packaging

InvalidError

Titan
If it was intentional, I would have expected someone to cross out the "Radeon Graphics" part of the box. Then again, advertisement standards are a whole lot more lax in China and the box not matching content in multiple aspects may not be a remotely significant issue.

Jul 12, 2020
People usually can't use Facebook, Twitter etc. in China.
Those photos were from HKEPC's Facebook.
Therefore please use "Hong Kong media" instead of "Chinese hardware site".
Although Hong Kong is a part of China, there's different.

Reactions: lampuiho

lampuiho

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
If it was intentional, I would have expected someone to cross out the "Radeon Graphics" part of the box. Then again, advertisement standards are a whole lot more lax in China and the box not matching content in multiple aspects may not be a remotely significant issue.
This actually happened in Hong Kong. "Hong Kong is not China". Basic law Cap. 362 Trade Descriptions Ordinance requires that labeling of the goods be accurate. If this was in a store, it could violate that law.

Perhaps due to higher-than-expected sales, AMD is shipping out some Ryzen chips bound for Chinese customers in packaging meant for different products.

AMD Ships Out Ryzen 5 3600 CPUs in Ryzen 3 3200G Packaging : Read more
If they had higher-than-expected sales how did they have left-over boxes?
What is said in the article makes more sense,it was a logistics issue were china had more CPUs of one type than they had boxes of that type.

If it was intentional, I would have expected someone to cross out the "Radeon Graphics" part of the box.
And the big 3 that's on the box instead of a 5.

If only it were the other way around where he had received a R5 3600 instead of a 3200G then this probably wouldn't have been a story.
They received a Ryzen 3600 in 3200G packaging with a 3600 label on the box. A 3600 is what they ordered, so they got what they paid for, just in a box intended for another processor.

If they had higher-than-expected sales how did they have left-over boxes?
Obviously, that would imply that the higher-than-expected sales were for the 3600, not the 3200G. And that makes some sense, considering the Ryzen 3600 has been one of the top selling processors at retail since it launched, and demand is undoubtedly higher than for the 3200G.

Obviously, that would imply that the higher-than-expected sales were for the 3600, not the 3200G. And that makes some sense, considering the Ryzen 3600 has been one of the top selling processors at retail since it launched, and demand is undoubtedly higher than for the 3200G.
Yes but still someone made more boxes for the 3200g as there are 3200g CPUs to put in them or fewer 3600 boxes then there are 3600 CPUs,that's a logistics problem.
Unless I am very mistaken you make as many CPUs as you think and put all of them into boxes to send them out to retailers,you can also sell tray versions that don't need boxes at all you don't need to put them into wrong boxes.