AMD Shows How CPUs Are Made Too (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
How do you know I have a CPU? Someone could have printed out this article and handed it to me to read. But since I wrote this comment, I guess it does mean I have a CPU ;)

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
didn't know they were bonding the cores to the package with BGA... assumed they were still using gold wire... nice...

Well, AMD (or rather Global Foundries) is still behind Intel on the state of 32nm production. Considering the low yeilds from TSMC I think the graphics division should consider using Global Froundries 45nm production to make the lower end chips as I'm sure trying to switch the RV870 to 45nm would require extra work and probably result in lower speeds.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Aoster87[/nom]Shouldn't AMD be working on catching up to the Core i7?[/citation]
Yes, because we all know marketing monkeys design the BEST CPUs...

G

LOL Wafer silicon doesn't come from "sand". There's only a few places around the world that have the raw material for which silicon wafers are made. You can't just go down to the ocean and scoop up a bunch of sand; way too many impurities in it to be useful.

Verdauga

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
While a nice video, it was a bit too much drama style, especially the intro. Stop spinning the camera around and around!

Status
Not open for further replies.