[SOLVED] AMD Steel legend b450 not doing XMP

Jun 24, 2021
I've been having problems with my AMD steel legend motherboard not working with my XMP profile. When I load into windows my ram keeps says it's at 2133 mhz, I've used windows cmd and CPU-Z to see if was just windows but it still said 2133 mhz. My ram is 3600 mhz and cast is 18. I have my ram in the 2 and 4th slot on my motherboard. I've seen on a pervious thread where someone move the sticks to 1&3 and that fixed it, but I just want to make sure this will fix my issue will trying to do XMP for my ram.

Solution
UPDATE: I did a clean reinstall of windows and that fixed my issue and my other issue I didn't mention that was i had half of my ram in hardware reserve. The windows install fixed my issue with my ram for the most part, it's now at 3200mhz, but i can't complain since it was at 2133 mhz before, thanks for the help! I really do appreciate it so much!
Jun 24, 2021
UPDATE: I did a clean reinstall of windows and that fixed my issue and my other issue I didn't mention that was i had half of my ram in hardware reserve. The windows install fixed my issue with my ram for the most part, it's now at 3200mhz, but i can't complain since it was at 2133 mhz before, thanks for the help! I really do appreciate it so much!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS