Question AMD stock cooler makes a ton of noise

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
I built this PC as a gift for my girlfriend. Specs: ryzen 2200g (stock cooler), 2x4GB hyperx fury, gigabyte b450 aorus m, custom case built in wood.
The heatsink fan is not noisy, but when it starts it creates a vibration that is very annoying. Initially I thought my case was the problem, after trying various things I decided to install the build in a fractal design as a test. The noise is slightly reduced, but it remains very annoying. What can it be? it is possible to fix it somehow? there are any compatible fans as a substitution to the stock one or I should buy a new cooler?

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
Use your mobile phone and measure the db sound from abnout 30cm away and one from outside the case when all put together.
Room db 19 on avg. With the fan going at minimum speed (about 700-750rpm) sound at 30cm is 27db.
with fan at 1500rpm 35db. with the fan at 100% 2000rpm 47 db. Inside the case (15cm from the cooler) in this case we are at 63db. With the fan at 700rpm 40db and with the cpu fan off 26.
Basically even with the fan at mimimum is kinda noisy, because the delta outside the case is 8bd and inside 14db. Normally you can't notice the difference with such low rpm

Last edited:

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
unfortunately my problem is different, the noise is generated from a vibration. Now i tried to isolate the fan from the heatsink with anty vibration rubber feets, it "helped" a bit (like 4bd on avg). if i touch the mobo or heatsink i can't feel any vibrtion, but if i touch the cpu fan i feel them. Are not too strong but the others fans does not vibrate at all. Now I'm actually thinking that my fan is damaged