AMD Stock takes huge hit today

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel leading in price per stock. since you lemmings were so into it a few days ago. nice to see AMD stock $2 bucks less per share.

Nvidia took huge hit today too(nvda).

Sad now that nvidia dictates the price of the video chipset of choice. manufacturing costs are less on geforce3 at .15 micron yet they demand a premium for chips. you will see Leadtek and Asus Geforce3 MX hitting the shelves soon for a cheap $450.

Everyone pray that ATI hits a home run with Radion2

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Cheaper to buy as well. Go get it folks...it`s a keeper!

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Bah stocks stocks stocks. They don't really show companies' performance when people keep speculating stuff like that.

-------------
This site is cool.

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
FUGGER,

I really should just ignore this for the reason I state below, but I can't resist:

I don't get it.

You flame anyone and everything AMD, yet you despair the lack of competition for nVidia.

It only adds up if you work for Intel or own huge amounts of Intel stock. In either case, everything you post is biased beyond recognition.

Like I said, earlier, without AMD as competition, we'd all still be running PII's or something.

BW

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek:

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Stock is a meaningless concern since a companies stock down one day can skyrocket another day. Who cares unless you actually own shares.

It worked yesterday! :lol:

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And the fact that FUGGER negated, or refused, to post the fact that Intel also went down $2.38, roughly 10%. Keep pickin' and choosin' FUGGER, you're good at it.

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

G

And AMD is still the top performing stock on the S&P 500. Hey FUGGER, where's Intel on that index? Also, AMD's Q1 results are coming soon and, unlike Intel, they haven't warned. Watch the stock shoot up after they post a $1.4 billion (my guess:) quarter.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
heh...
I'm gone from the THG for a few months, and wonder about all the interesting thing I have missed... but then, the very first post I check out is Fugger's dissing AMD... sure there are some new faces, but boy do things never change here:)

G

With the U.S. economy going into recession I'm not really surprised to see MOST companies stocks going down... Its not just AMD. Read a newspaper...........

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Great News!

I have just bought more!

Thank you for the alert!

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

I love the total obliviousness to how the stocks are doing. CAPITALISM RULES!!!!

G

Personally, I hope AMD hits $12 before they post there numbers this quarter. Would be great to buy some call options on AMD at the money then watch it skyrocket once they post there numbers. Easy Money!? Just ask Sanders.

That is as long as Dubya doesn't go to war with china?

F*&^ ATI and Radeon II(they are a lost cause in my opinion). I hope the makers of the KIRO II get with the program and come out with a processor with T&L, double pumped(twice the pwer of Kiro II) and for the christmass season that would make the GF3 look like yesterdays technology and probably at half the cost to us consumers then a GF3. Can we say 3DFX incarnate.

G

FUGGER, you obviously didn't notice that most blue chip stocks have been falling, not just AMD. This shows how uninformed you are about the industry, not even realising the dotcom bubble had a temporary punchure (at least I hope so :) Intel had a much more serious problem a few weeks back when they started issuing profit warnings. No such **** from AMD, I notice.

Oh yeah, plus Intel has shelved a big proportion of its R&D projects because the P4 takes up so much money. Just watch those shares fall and fall...

~ I'm not AMD biased, I just think their chips are better. ~

Mordy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanx for opening my eyes fugger! Now i know why is that benchmark result change every day on my pc. It because intel share price changing!

Beer! Good!
-James Hatefild