Question AMD Store MI required W11?

Kandles

Prominent
Dec 18, 2022
Hello,

I have just built my first gaming PC. I am currently downloading drivers after installing Windows 11. I have downloaded all of my MOBO (B550 Aorus Elite AX V2) drivers and was interested in downloading a driver for my CPU (Ryzen 7 5800x). On the official AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X Drivers & Support | AMD website the only option for Windows 11 is the StoreMI driver, I tried downloading and installing StoreMI, but it requires an SSD and a HDD. I only have two storage devices and they are a Samsung 980 PRO 1TB M.2 NVMe and a Samsung 870 EVO 1TB SATA 2.5" SSD. I don't have a HDD and was not planning on getting one. My question is, is it required that I use this driver for my CPU or is it an extra option that I don't necessarily need to download? I noticed that on the page (the one I linked) that it says in big bold letters "Drivers and Software". My thought at the moment is that it is a software more directed towards storage speed management and maybe I don't need it, I am not 100% sure if I should just skip it or I will just have to get a HDD.

Thanks.

Last edited: