AMD SUCKS

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eden

Champion
Poor fella, Dumb as a stump!
And you sir, are even dumber for replying to a fictional troll, invented by someone here just for fun. Have you even read the damn thread entirely or just seen his post and skipped to reply?
Geez, you'd think about a week later when the joke is over and known, people would no longer be ignorant and fall for it, especially when it's said out loud.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
nope, intel is much much better. it is so fast amd had to do something they call pr rating to keep up. mhz by mhz there is no way amd can keep up.

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
if japan started making cpus, it'd be the kind you can implant in your ass. then you'd be a smart ass

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
If Japan made those CPU's you could get one and not have S*1& for brains anymore. *heh*

Seriously though. CPU snobbing is pretty dumb. Just get the one that will do the best at what you will use your computer the most for the best price you can.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
now you should try that as a pick up line on a girl

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
no way man. i don't use other peoples lines. i remember i used a different one on your mom

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
Oh god a mom joke. Can you scrape the bottom of the barrel any harder? you reek of desperation

*throws you a bone*

ok ok *coughs* yo mamma is soooo skankee she stuck in a cuccumber and pulled out a pickle.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
hah i love your mom... she is a good catch. *come here come here. now give me the bone... come on give me the bone goooooood job*

mom jokes kick ass, but so far they been kickin yo ass

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
You want a bone job huh? I wasn't talking about that bone. The way your talking it sounds like you would rather have my father. Your comebacks couldn't kick my ass and I'm worried that's not what you want to do with it.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
lmao... lol... where are you from man? do you understand english well?... well maybe you should read my post again and see how bad you made a fool out of your self by offering me your dad. lmao or are you just trying to put words in my mouth? well it doesn't matter what you're trying to do, you suck at it either way.

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
Maybe you don't understand english. I wasn't offering you my dad. Keep digging deeper. Maybe you'll reach China and be able to understand the people there better.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
no no no... its you who doesn't understand what comes out of your own mouth. any one who would read that post of yours, would agree that you are a fool... offering your dad to me *tsk tsk tsk*. now here is an idea for you; learn how the english language works first (for better come backs and also that way you'll see you are a fool for posting that post about the bone and your dad), then use a better come back than that china shitt you used before you say anything about my kick ass come back.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
As far as I know the standard's organization doesn't have any say on how well anyone follows the standard. That is not their job - nor has it ever been. The IEEE is not at fault for any lack of compliance. There are labs that "award compatiability" but this is NOT the IEEE. I think you are confused about how the standards process works.
Nope. <i>Most</i> standards organizations either do compliance testing themselves or partner with another organization to have the validation testing done. You also generally have to pay a pretty good sum to claim that you meet X standard. All that effort just for a little extra picture on your packaging.

In fact, it's so expensive and painful that it keeps many small-time manufacturers from being able to ever get their business going. They simply can't afford the costs of the validation to claim compatability with all of the standards required.

So 90% of the time it is <i>in part or in whole</i> the responability of the standard-making organization to ensure that those who claim to meet a certain standard actually do meet that standard.

In my opinion it should be that 100.00% of the time the standard-making organization should be 100.00% responsible for ensuring that Company X's product is in complete 100.00% conformity with their standard in order for Company X to claim compatability. The simple fact that this isn't the case shows just how meaningful standards <i>really</i> are, since it's so easy for any company to claim compatability without being 100.00% compatible and without there being anyone at fault for such a situation.

Standards are good. It's the lack of enforcement and the lack of liability for claiming conformity while compatability is less-than-perfect that is bad. That's my opinion. I'm not going to bother stating it yet again and I've more than implicated my facts for that opinion.

<font color=blue><pre>I'm proud to be an American,
who served my country in the US Air Force,
to protect the rights of my fellow Americans,
to hold protests against others like me.</pre><p></font color=blue>

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
Kickass comeback? All you do is talk about how good you are. Guess what? You're not. All you have are momma jokes. Which is odd since you're mom is such a joke for having you that no one has to crack on her.

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
I'm not sure about other standards organizations but IEEE DOES NOT DO TESTING FOR ANYONE. Anyone can claim they are compliant but good companies will have someone test their products or they will test them themselves. I work at a lab that does this testing. I know people who have written parts of some of the standards. In fact - if you go to the IEEE website and search for "testing services" the first thing that comes up is my place of employment and I can assure you that no one from the IEEE comes in and makes sure we are doing something a certain way - we simply do the best we can to make sure that devices are compliant. Maybe other standards organzations work differently but it would be a serious conflict of interest for the IEEE to charge people to do testing because it is people from industry that make up the IEEE who then come up with the standards.

"Don't question it!!!" - Err

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not sure about other standards organizations but IEEE DOES NOT DO TESTING FOR ANYONE.
tommunist, I give up. I never once said that IEEE does the testing. I said that most standard-making organizations "<i>either do compliance testing themselves <b>or partner with another organization to have the validation testing done</b></i>". I certainly didn't specify IEEE and I certainly made it clear that frequently other businesses do the testing.

You're not even trying to pay attention <i>and</i> you're being an arse. This 'conversation' (if you can even call it that) really just isn't worth my time. If you want to talk, try actually reading my posts for a change. Right now, it's overly appearant that you aren't even reading my posts before replying, so I'm simply not going to reply anymore.

When you can learn how to actually hold a conversation, maybe then we'll talk again.

<font color=blue><pre>I'm proud to be an American,
who served my country in the US Air Force,
to protect the rights of my fellow Americans,
to hold protests against others like me.</pre><p></font color=blue>

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
It's funny you say that - b/c the whole time I was talking about the IEEE (remember, thats what got the conversation started).

You first said this:
"And the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers is a bit scary. I'm all for standards, but I'm also leery of anyone who makes them."

and then went on to talk about IEEE specific situations:

"Tell that to the early adoptors of wireless ethernet devices who couldn't even get a simple wireless network to run because the devices didn't conform perfectly to standards and often only worked with devices built by the same manufacturer.

Tell that to the early adoptors of Firewire devices who often couldn't even use the same device on both a Mac and a PC even with drivers for both.

Tell that to the early adoptors of USB devices who often couldn't tell which PCs with USB ports their USB devices would run on until they tried to use them."

and then you went on to complain about standards organizations not properly enforcing the standard.

If you are going to use IEEE standards as an example to argue that it is standards organizations fault when devices aren't compliant I will simply say that you are wrong in that the IEEE doesn't do this and never has. Although some of the things you said may be true, (some standards organizations awarding compliance to devices) saying that the IEEE does this (which you implied by saying that it was somehow their fault when wireless, usb, and firewire devices weren't working properly) is wrong. So yeah - I did read your posts, so before you throw an insult out there and run away crying like a baby you should maybe read over the argument you were trying to make and the examples you were trying to use to make it.

"Don't question it!!!" - Err

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I can't believe I was dumb enough to actually start reading this thread - and read on out of some untreated compulsion-thing. I hope I can stop doing these things in the future.

But Officer, I wasn't speeding - I was qualifying ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS