AMD SUCKS

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eden

Champion
Hey f00, how dare you jump on Scamtron. He's da bomb in the forums, he knows how to rock yo momma like you never thought about it! WORD!

Well that was a cheap shot at slang... :lol:

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
You're right I shouldn't have jumped on him. It was sort of like making fun of a mentally challenged person who licks a window because he doesn't know any better. It was really unfair of me, not to mention tasteless, but I just couldn't resist. Can you really blame me? Let me ask though. Do you know about his alleged momma rocking skills because he rocked yours?

Skull Angel....I'd quit while you're ahead. Not good to p*ss EVERYONE off....

<font color=blue> Computer fans are really cooling fans for the user. When they run, the user is cool, but whenever they break, the user starts sweating!! </font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe you should try flame resistant marshmellows?

<b>True Class: Just roll her over and do her doggy style. And put a laptop on her back and tell us what its like live on irc.</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images</A>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
heh i forgot about this thread. lmao seems like you got the little pest on your back too now roflmao. but i like messin with him so here i go again. i am going to rock his mother.

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
hey jack... why don't you go dig a hole to china eh... yeah now thats a good come back. and no, those aren't mom jokes fool. they are little facts i picked from your dad while he was gettin but raped by another guy (remember you offered your dad to me? well i'm pimpin him now...)

i really want to hear you say something about china lmao... do you want me to dig a hole to china still?

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It's funny you say that - b/c the whole time I was talking about the IEEE (remember, thats what got the conversation started).
Hmm, let's review, with the important information being <b><font color=red>blatantly obvious</b></font color=red> for even people with the most selective of memories:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IEEE does standards for more than just firewire - they do basically everything. I have a personal relationship with IEEE 802.3 standard (10gig specifically) - its a scary place - I don't reccommend hanging out there. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. I was just being silly. When most people hear IEEE, the first thing that comes to mind is Firewire, even if they can't recall the 1394 part. :)

And the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers is a bit scary. I'm all for standards, but I'm also leery of <b><font color=red>anyone</b></font color=red> who makes them. <b><font color=red>ANSI is a perfect example.</b></font color=red> Everyone claims <b><font color=red>ANSI C++ compliance</b></font color=red>, yet no one actually adheres to it 100% and no one takes away that compliancy label for not adhering 100%.

<pre><font color=blue>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>

In reply to:

<b><font color=red>you should be all for standards</b></font color=red> b/c without them <b><font color=red>nothing</b></font color=red> would work together. There are parts of <b><font color=red>the standards</b></font color=red> that don't get followed as much but for the most part the important stuff is followed and you can use your ethernet gear anywhere, anytime, and with basically any other peice of ethernet gear. It's better for the industry and it's better for the end-user.

Tell that to the early adoptors of wireless ethernet devices who couldn't even get a simple wireless network to run because the devices didn't conform perfectly to standards and often only worked with devices built by the same manufacturer.

Tell that to the early adoptors of Firewire devices who often couldn't even use the same device on both a Mac and a PC even with drivers for both.

Tell that to the early adoptors of USB devices who often couldn't tell which PCs with USB ports their USB devices would run on until they tried to use them.

<b><font color=red>Tell that to anyone trying to write cross-platform ANSI C++ source code only to find a million and one compilers that claim to conform to the standard but in reality don't and so you end up having to make minor modifications to your ANSI C++ source code just so that it will compile on certain ANSI C++ compilers.</b></font color=red>

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for standards. I just have a very strong innate distrust in manufacturers actually following those standards 100.00%, even when they claim to. (Perhaps especially if they claim to.) Standards are great if they're followed exactly to the letter. It is just too bad that they hardly ever are, and yet they still get to claim compatability.

<pre><font color=blue>I'm proud to be an American,
who served my country in the US Air Force,
to protect the rights of my fellow Americans,
to hold protests against others like me.</pre><p></font color=blue>

Gee, I see an awful lot of talk about <b>all</b> standards going on here. And not even just from me, but from this 'tommunist' bloke too.

Wait a second! <b>You're</b> tommunist! Gee, you really showed me how "<b><font color=red>the whole time</b></font color=red>" <i>you</i> were "<b><font color=red>talking about the IEEE</b></font color=red>". Why, I'll never doubt your infinite wisdom and perfect memory again. You are God!

If you are going to use IEEE standards as an example to argue that it is standards organizations fault when devices aren't compliant I will simply say that you are wrong in that the IEEE doesn't do this and never has.
<b>Repeatedly</b> I listed more than just IEEE. Also repeatedly I made it clear that I was talking about <b>all</b> standards, <b>as did <i>you</i></b>.

So yeah - I did read your posts
Not only did you quite clearly <b>not</b> read my posts, but you also obviously never read your own posts either!

so before you throw an insult out there and run away crying like a baby you should maybe read over the argument you were trying to make and the examples you were trying to use to make it
Funny, I don't recall seeing any crying involved. Hell, I don't even see any running away involved. I simply see one arse who can't even follow his own posts, not to mention other people's. Gee, I can't imagine why <i>anyone</i> would be inclined to stop bothering to hold a conversation with someone like that. It couldn't possibly be because even holding a conversation with a brick wall would be more entertaining.

Now if you'll excuse me, I believe that my point is already crystal clear while yours is mucking around in a cesspool of your own making. I've had quite enough of your ineptitude at conversation. Good day.

<font color=blue><pre>I'm proud to be an American,
who served my country in the US Air Force,
to protect the rights of my fellow Americans,
to hold protests against others like me.</pre><p></font color=blue>

* Editied because of a bug in the forum software making quote blocks non-recursive.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by slvr_phoenix on 04/16/03 09:12 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
haha - you seem to have wasted more time. I thought you were all done? While in some parts I was talking about standards in general - when talking about awarding compatibility (which is what I have been arguing about) I have been talking about the IEEE. I wouldn't argue about another standard org awarding compliance because I don't know about other organizations because I don't work with them. In this statement:

"you should be all for standards b/c without them nothing would work together. There are parts of the standards that don't get followed as much but for the most part the important stuff is followed and you can use your ethernet gear anywhere, anytime, and with basically any other peice of ethernet gear. It's better for the industry and it's better for the end-user."

While I did say all standards initially I went on to talk about IEEE standards. If all you have on me is that first sentence I'll give it to you. BUT - I'll spell this out really slow for you so things don't get mixed up:

1. you say you are talking about all standards organizations and use IEEE standards as almost all of your examples (3/4)
2. you say that it is the standards organizations fault (this is after mostly talking about IEEE standards with problems) when devices aren't compliant.
3. the IEEE doesn't do compliance testing.
4. Notice conflict.

If you want to pick apart my words that fine - because that's really all you have. And yeah - I said you ran off crying because you did. I could also phrase it as "I'm talking my ball and going home" if you like but either way it's fine with me because we are simply arguing about what is being argued which I think is mainly because you were talking about things you don't know about. "oh no, I wasn't talking about IEEE even though I used their standards for 3 of my 4 examples of problems." usb, firewire, wireless ethernet (all of these ieee) and ansi c++ were your examples so shoot if me if I would think that your following arguments about standards orgnizations shouldn't apply to at least most of your previous examples - because otherwise, why would you bring them up? They serve no other purpose but to point out the problem you seem to have with standards organizations (that problem being awarding compliance when something isn't compliant). But here is another example of what I said and how you responded -

me (talking about IEEE because I SAY IEEE)-

"As far as I know the standard's organization doesn't have any say on how well anyone follows the standard. That is not their job - nor has it ever been. The IEEE is not at fault for any lack of compliance. There are labs that "award compatiability" but this is NOT the IEEE. I think you are confused about how the standards process works."

you (responding to what I just said about the IEEE)-

"Nope. Most standards organizations either do compliance testing themselves or partner with another organization to have the validation testing done...blah blah blah no mention of any standard etc"

You'll notice I said something about the IEEE and you said "Nope." After this I say

"I'm not sure about other standards organizations but IEEE DOES NOT DO TESTING FOR ANYONE. Anyone can claim they are compliant but good companies will have someone test their products or they will test them themselves. I work at a lab that does this testing. I know people who have written parts of some of the standards. In fact - if you go to the IEEE website and search for "testing services" the first thing that comes up is my place of employment and I can assure you that no one from the IEEE comes in and makes sure we are doing something a certain way - we simply do the best we can to make sure that devices are compliant. Maybe other standards organzations work differently but it would be a serious conflict of interest for the IEEE to charge people to do testing because it is people from industry that make up the IEEE who then come up with the standards."

this is followed by you flipping out for no reason because I didn't question you talking about other standards - I questioned you talking about IEEE standards (which you had been for 3 out of your 4 examples). It's fine if you want to talk about "most" standards organizations - but if you want to talk about a specific flaw with them you don't use the IEEE as the majority of your examples when the IEEE doesn't fit into your argument at all. This argument is boring me at this point as I have no new points to make because there isn't much else to say. At some point communication became broken down and I will take partial credit for that. Maybe when you're in the military you get to be right all the time but what was that joke about oxymoron and "military intelligence"??

"Don't question it!!!" - Err

Skull_Angel

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
You think you're pimp? You sure look awful funny trying to be one while you got your tongue stuck on every pane of glass you walk by. You couldn't even pimp yourself. Why don't you get back on the short bus and bother your special ed teachers. Windowlicker the Pimp? That's funny. *tosses a ball* now stop bothering me.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
you're dumb... as dumb as they come in. you look at your self and say to others what you see in your self, knowing its the worst you can do. dumb ass, do your self a favor and stfu... well that would be best thing you can do for you, but since you are about as sharp as a bag of marbles, you probably won't realize it. now its time for your medication jack, so take it and jerk off to your playgirl magazine. :tongue:

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
.... you ARE fuckkin stupid... is that what you do? look in the mirror to hear your self talking. like i said, you are stupid. but i think your medication is helping since you edited your post and took the mirror thing out. well i got it right here "Look in the mirror? Why don't you take your advice..." thats before you edited it. well its a good thing you are starting to notice what a retard you are. :tongue:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
*walks up to scamtrons mommie...

softly touches her arm.. ooh so sweet, soft.. "ey baybeh, how yoU doin on tis wonderful night. you smell like a rose, intoxicating."
"oh phial, your such a man, take me in your arms"

sweeps scamtrons mom off her feet in a dramatic motion

"phial *gasp* ... i can feel your bone on my leg.. i want it to penetrate me"

"my dear, i promise to take you to places you have never been before, if you live thru this you will never be the same!"

*muffled humping sounds*

ahahaahaha... take that foog!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

<A HREF="http://www.xgr.com" target="_new">XGR-Game Reviews</A>

My friends Gaming Review Site. Check it out.
*i was the one playing UT2003 in teh review heh heh* "feels important"

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
well its sad knowing what you fantasies about, but worse is you don't even know what you are fantasying about. and worst of all is what your mom will do when she come to wake you up and she sees you stuck dry in your sperm.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
i dont know? it was about wooing your mom and giving it to her HARD

oh yeah, and mom didnt care that morning. she said it was normal for boys my age (back then)

:p

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
job well done... NOT

oh yeah, and mom didnt care that morning. she said it was normal for boys my age (back then)
are you serious? roflmao

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
i could be serious...

*looks around nervously*

no wait, i was thinking of the video camera incident when i had my 16th birthday ... was mom ever, er, suprised

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS