Question AMD System slowdowns on new build - advice welcome

Mar 12, 2021
I have recently put together an all AMD system following the glowing reviews for all things red I have read recently.
The system is an MSI x570 tomahawk WiFi motherboard, Ryzen 5600x, Radion 6900xt, Corsair 240i cpu cooler, Corsair N600 pcie4 drives x 2, 32GB T-Force 3600 Ram (4x8gb module), Corsair RMx850 850W '80 Plus Gold' PSU, case Corsair icue4000x without the glass front on it And sometimes not even the side casing.

Problem is slowdowns in Assassins Creed Valhalla, random Slowdowns, or at 4K the demo stutters to single digits but never over 30 FPS. that said the game will play at 60 FPS - limit of my monitor so I lock all games to 60fps at 4K. Seen the same massive frame drops in Batman Arkham game, and others. Mobo, cpu and gpu patched up to the latest drivers apart from mobo which is patched to the latest non beta driver. I thought it was a heat issue but it’s the same if I run with no sides on the pc case, also can’t see anything getting over 90degrees which is hot but AMD says the part is good till 110 degrees (junction interface on cpu). Any help would be much appreciated.