Question AMD System Won't boot Every Time

msindia

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
This is my first time assembling a PC.
I have put together the following PC for my parents :

Motherboard : B450M Mortar Titanium
Memory : 2 x CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 Vengeance Lpx Series 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 3000MHz
The RAMs have been placed in the second and fourth slots.

Processor : Amd Ryzen 5 3400G
SATA Connections to the motherboard
1 SanDisk SSD PLUS 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s2
2 Western Digital 2TB Blue Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD20EZAZ)
3 Seagate 250 GB 3.5" HDD
4 LG DVD Writer
Power Supply : Cooler Master 550 MWE
The BIOS is updated to 7B89vAD which was release on 2020-06-16

I have been facing a number of problems which appear intermittently and then go away on their own .
The system fails to boot from time to time.
When it fails to boot I am unable to et into the BIOS screen and there isn't any display on the screen.
I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause of failiure.
Any help and sugeestions would be greatly appreciated.

msindia

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Your 2 memory sticks are not a kit as I understand, and moreover they are not on the QVL for that CPU.
Have you done anything in the Bios ?
Try with only the disk with Win 10 connected.
And try with only one RAM stick at a time
Thanks for replying.
Yes. I am using the XMP memory profile setting with memory speed at 2933 MHz.
Let me carry out the basic troubleshooting steps and get back to you

msindia

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for replying.
Yes. I am using the XMP memory profile setting with memory speed at 2933 MHz.
Let me carry out the basic troubleshooting steps and get back to you

Thanks for getting back to me.
I removed the RAM and am currently running the system with just one memory stick in the second slot. The system doesn't boot when it is powered on for the first three times. That is, I press the boot button on the Cooler Master Cabinet, the fans turn on, the LED lights change colours, the Easy Debug lights on the motherboard turn on and then go off and there isn't any display on the screen. After the system fails to boot, I long press the power button on the cabinet and repeat the process two more times. On the fourth try, the system boots successfully. On entering into BIOS, I find the settings to be the same as they were the last time the system booted successfully (the setting for memory remian unchanged).
What I find so puzzling is that the Easy Debug lights on the MSI motherboard remain off whenever the system fails to boot.
I am unable to figure out the problem with the system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

msindia

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for getting back to me.
I removed the RAM and am currently running the system with just one memory stick in the second slot. The system doesn't boot when it is powered on for the first three times. That is, I press the boot button on the Cooler Master Cabinet, the fans turn on, the LED lights change colours, the Easy Debug lights on the motherboard turn on and then go off and there isn't any display on the screen. After the system fails to boot, I long press the power button on the cabinet and repeat the process two more times. On the fourth try, the system boots successfully. On entering into BIOS, I find the settings to be the same as they were the last time the system booted successfully (the setting for memory remian unchanged).
What I find so puzzling is that the Easy Debug lights on the MSI motherboard remain off whenever the system fails to boot.
I am unable to figure out the problem with the system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Boot Device Fail Ezy Debug LED light remains on and the there's no POST. Any help would be greatly appreciated