[SOLVED] AMD Threadripper unscrew and screw back in order?

Oct 21, 2020
As I was watching an installation video AFTER I already installed my Threadripper 3970X, I realized that there is an order to which you are supposed to both unscrew and screw in the mounting bracket. (Maybe) unrelated, I was having problems with the build overall, getting performance drops and stuttering in games but didn't see the FPS counter drop. I put in a new GPU of same model (2080 Ti)) from a different computer and it seemed to fix it until I tested my friend's 2080 Ti, which was two years old, in and then it started having the same problems again. Is there a possibility that the oversight in screw / unscrew order for the TR could cause problems like this? I ended up buying a new case which significantly better airflow and temps (according to Gamers Nexus) that I am going to try out since I think it may be a thermal throttling issue for either CPU or GPU. Thanks.

Solution
Do you think it's worth unseating it and redoing it again in the correct order? I saw on a reddit post that there is more of a risk to the motherboard pins than there is to the CPU pins which I suppose is a better alternative.
LGA CPUs have no pins, just pads/lands for the socket pins to land into. The tightening order is mainly about the direction in which LGA socket pins will scrape along the pads: the side with two screws (1&2) basically acts like a hinge to ensure the whole thing comes down evenly when the last screw (3) gets tightened so pins get squeezed straight toward that direction. If you tighten #3 first, then pins will get squeezed sideways away from whichever of the other two screws you tighten first and could end up...
Oct 21, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Ti Ventus GP OC 11GB 352-Bit GDDR6

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X

Motherboard: ASUS Prime TRX40-Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 288-Pin 3200

PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum Fully Modular

Case: Azza 802 Cube

GPU Drivers: GeForce Game Ready Driver Version 456.55 (9/28/20)

Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset Driver V.5.12.0.38 (V19.20.28) for Windows 10 64-bit

Oct 21, 2020
The srew/unscrew order is to make sure the CPU pushes down evenly on the socket pins. The wrong order MAY have bent something in the wrong direction.
Do you think it's worth unseating it and redoing it again in the correct order? I saw on a reddit post that there is more of a risk to the motherboard pins than there is to the CPU pins which I suppose is a better alternative.

InvalidError

Titan
LGA CPUs have no pins, just pads/lands for the socket pins to land into. The tightening order is mainly about the direction in which LGA socket pins will scrape along the pads: the side with two screws (1&2) basically acts like a hinge to ensure the whole thing comes down evenly when the last screw (3) gets tightened so pins get squeezed straight toward that direction. If you tighten #3 first, then pins will get squeezed sideways away from whichever of the other two screws you tighten first and could end up misaligned with their CPU pads.

Re-seating the CPU and tightening it in the correct order shouldn't hurt.

Solution