News AMD to Bundle Far Cry 6 with Ryzen 5000 Processors

AMD should bundle Steam cards for $50 worth game and let us choose the game we want. this is not fair for people who already own the game or dont like it.
How else will key resellers stay in business?

Though on a more serious note, "value-added" goodies like these are there as gateway items. Companies will do this if they think that giving away something will help bolster their sales of their stuff. Considering that Steam is ubiquitous in PC gaming and it's not a matter of if, but when you'll buy something from them, Valve doesn't really have a reason to give things away for the purposes of hoping you'll buy more from them in the future.

Besides, you might be forced to use Steam anyway.

Reactions: Avro Arrow

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
How else will key resellers stay in business?

Still selling the key wont give you the full worth of the game but half of it. still not fair against people who want it and benefitting from the offer at full price.

Besides , I dont think that FarCry 6 is given to AMD for free , it is just some one million items ordered by AMD that costs them some $2 per key only , but for us the end user we cant get such cheap deals to begin with , for us it is worth $50 if we want the game.

Still selling the key wont give you the full worth of the game but half of it. still not fair against people who want it and benefitting from the offer at full price.

Besides , I dont think that FarCry 6 is given to AMD for free , it is just some one million items ordered by AMD that costs them some $2 per key only , but for us the end user we cant get such cheap deals to begin with , for us it is worth $50 if we want the game.
It's not increasing the retail cost of the hardware so I'm not sure what the issue is. If you don't want the game but want the hardware, you aren't 'paying' for the game anyways, it's already at that set price.
The game is a bonus.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
It's not increasing the retail cost of the hardware so I'm not sure what the issue is. If you don't want the game but want the hardware, you aren't 'paying' for the game anyways, it's already at that set price.
The game is a bonus.

make a more fair bonus that all benefit from it and not only the ones who like the game or want it.

not a hard thing to ask. and $50 Steam card is the same Value if it is modified to give one game only , that is cant be abused to get many discounted games . that is Choose ONE game that is $50 or below using this card.

The game doesn't add anything to the cost of the hardware it's bundled with. Even selling the key for $2 is coming out ahead.

If anything, I'd argue Ubisoft had to pay AMD for the promotion because 1. it's bundled with their product and 2. AMD has to setup infrastructure to support the distribution of the keys. So really Ubisoft should be paying us to use their product if you want to make it a fair comparison. But either way, the argument is moot because they're using the "loss leader" business tactic.

Besides, if you want the game, your choices are to spend $50 or $300+. Unless you were looking to upgrade, I think the choice is obvious which is better.

make a more fair bonus that all benefit from it and not only the ones who like the game or want it.

not a hard thing to ask. and $50 Steam card is the same Value if it is modified to give one game only , that is cant be abused to get many discounted games . that is Choose ONE game that is $50 or below using this card.
Again, that requires Valve to actually agree to something like this. Valve has no reason to do a promotion like this because Steam is still a fundamental pillar in PC gaming.

But who doesn't wanna play far cry 6?
Jokes aside, $50 on steam can be abused WAY more than a key for a game that some people want and some don't want.
$50 steam card? What is that, 10-13 keys and crates in CSGO which (probably) won't be turned into $400 knives, but the option is there.
Steam card is more risky and more expensive as opposed to companies sponsoring each other for a game incentive. I think it works, but maybe that's because I like far cry.
I mean, I ain't buying the card I don't think, unless benchmarks are 3080 level and raytracing works.

Promotions like these I'd argue aren't really there to help sell the hardware. It's just there to add perceived value to the product or to help sway people who were on the fence. Because if you're going to spend $300+ to save $50, I have questions about your financial sense.

If anything, I'd argue Ubisoft had to pay AMD for the promotion because 1. it's bundled with their product and 2. AMD has to setup infrastructure to support the distribution of the keys. So really Ubisoft should be paying us to use their product if you want to make it a fair comparison. But either way, the argument is moot because they're using the "loss leader" business tactic.
I'm 99.9% sure AMD has to pay / cooperate with the game publisher, but the price per key is generally very low. This is a value add for AMD, not for the game publishers. Well, unless it's a terrible game that no one is buying maybe? It's also usually "while supplies last," which is a good indication that the agreement is for some set number of copies. Is that 100K copies at $1 each, or $5 each, or some other number? Only AMD and the publisher know, and they're not going to say anything.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
I'm 99.9% sure AMD has to pay / cooperate with the game publisher, but the price per key is generally very low. This is a value add for AMD, not for the game publishers. Well, unless it's a terrible game that no one is buying maybe? It's also usually "while supplies last," which is a good indication that the agreement is for some set number of copies. Is that 100K copies at $1 each, or $5 each, or some other number? Only AMD and the publisher know, and they're not going to say anything.
You could argue both ways. AMD wants to add value to their product or Ubisoft wants someone to help push their game along.

I see it more Ubisoft wants to take a hit on the game because I don't see Zen 3 needing added value goodies to sell.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
But who doesn't wanna play far cry 6?
Jokes aside, $50 on steam can be abused WAY more than a key for a game that some people want and some don't want.
$50 steam card? What is that, 10-13 keys and crates in CSGO which (probably) won't be turned into $400 knives, but the option is there.
Steam card is more risky and more expensive as opposed to companies sponsoring each other for a game incentive. I think it works, but maybe that's because I like far cry.
I mean, I ain't buying the card I don't think, unless benchmarks are 3080 level and raytracing works.

Read again what I said , I said $50 card but works only for ONE GAME. ONE ITEM .. if you choose lower than $50 game/item it will work for that game/item only as well.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Again, that requires Valve to actually agree to something like this. Valve has no reason to do a promotion like this because Steam is still a fundamental pillar in PC gaming.

AMD will just BUY $50 single game cards in million copy , and Valve does have Volume prices that are very low if you pay for million copies

AMD will just BUY $50 single game cards in million copy , and Valve does have Volume prices that are very low if you pay for million copies
Looking back on that I discovered that AMD entered a partnership with Ubisoft, it still doesn't make sense for AMD to partner with Valve to offer Steam credit. The point of the partnership with Ubisoft was for AMD to show off how good their hardware can be. In this case, both sides benefit: AMD can show off their hardware is good, Ubisoft gets their product into more hands.

The only party that really benefits from an AMD + Valve collaboration to give away Steam credit is Valve. Anyone who wants to buy an AMD product will buy it anyway. Anyone who was on the fence may see this as merely value added. Anyone who isn't sure isn't going to spend $300+ to save $50 (at least, I hope they don't). Also, by partnering and working with a game developer/publisher, that can be seen as an investment. At the very least, you know games made by that publisher will work well with AMD hardware. Whereas a $50 credit to a shop doesn't provide that kind of perceived investment.

And again, PC gamers are likely going to buy from Steam anyway. No reason to throw away money to promote yourself when you're basically the only sheriff in town. You know why Epic is willing to funnel in money to give games for free on their store? It's so people will stick around to buy games from their store. But that tactic may hurt them more in the long run when people simply expect Epic to shove free games out every month.

Reactions: phenomiix6

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Looking back on that I discovered that AMD entered a partnership with Ubisoft, it still doesn't make sense for AMD to partner with Valve to offer Steam credit. The point of the partnership with Ubisoft was for AMD to show off how good their hardware can be. In this case, both sides benefit: AMD can show off their hardware is good, Ubisoft gets their product into more hands.

The only party that really benefits from an AMD + Valve collaboration to give away Steam credit is Valve. Anyone who wants to buy an AMD product will buy it anyway. Anyone who was on the fence may see this as merely value added. Anyone who isn't sure isn't going to spend $300+ to save $50 (at least, I hope they don't). Also, by partnering and working with a game developer/publisher, that can be seen as an investment. At the very least, you know games made by that publisher will work well with AMD hardware. Whereas a $50 credit to a shop doesn't provide that kind of perceived investment.

And again, PC gamers are likely going to buy from Steam anyway. No reason to throw away money to promote yourself when you're basically the only sheriff in town.

I still dont think that Ubisoft is giving AMD keys for free . and when AMD does it with Valve it will be simply Buying keys in large Volume for some1-2$ each ... its like giving you $2 discount on the CPU for them which is nothing really .. but the game key value is more attractive for us because we cant get them at that price.

I still dont think that Ubisoft is giving AMD keys for free . and when AMD does it with Valve it will be simply Buying keys in large Volume for some1-2$ each ... its like giving you $2 discount on the CPU for them which is nothing really .. but the game key value is more attractive for us because we cant get them at that price.
Well sure, Ubisoft likely isn't giving the keys away for free, but I don't think it's a volume discount or whatever. It's more like "in exchange for this, we'll give you that" as part of their partnership deal with AMD.

But again, I don't see how AMD benefits from a deal with Valve on the same level as partnering with a game developer.

Upacs

Reputable
Oct 14, 2020
AMD should bundle Steam cards for $50 worth game and let us choose the game we want. this is not fair for people who already own the game or dont like it.
What?! Why not this?

AMD should drop the price of the affected CPUs by $50. This is not fair for people who don't give a rats ass about PC gaming.

I have ZERO use for this, or any other game. Take it for what it is, a freebie on the side. Want it, great, don't want it? ignore it.

First world problems and all that...
:rolleyes:

(yes, I did create an account just to say this... because it's late and I need to kill two minutes while my code compiles. Can't wait for that Ryzen 5000 cpu!)

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
You could argue both ways. AMD wants to add value to their product or Ubisoft wants someone to help push their game along.

I see it more Ubisoft wants to take a hit on the game because I don't see Zen 3 needing added value goodies to sell.

I would say rather than push the game this is to get people to use Ubisoft's Uplay launcher as that is the only way to get the game with this promotion.