News AMD to Detail New FidelityFX Tech at GDC

If they add another "FPS Interpolation" technique I hope* they're not as neanderthal as nVidia when it comes to naming it...

If they do go the nVidia way and call it "FSR3", I'm gonna be so darn disappointed. They can just call it "Fidelity Motion Enhancer" or "FME" as they love acronyms.

Regards.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
If they add another "FPS Interpolation" technique I hope* they're not as neanderthal as nVidia when it comes to naming it...

If they do go the nVidia way and call it "FSR3", I'm gonna be so darn disappointed. They can just call it "Fidelity Motion Enhancer" or "FME" as they love acronyms.

Regards.
Thankfully only nVidia calls it DLSS3, even games just call it DLSS and Frame Generation, maybe AMD noticed it and decides to name it something apart from FSR

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

Regards.

Right now, AMD is on FSR 2.2

So, this might be named FSR3 for all we know. Personally, I have no issues if its done like that.

Right now, AMD is on FSR 2.2

So, this might be named FSR3 for all we know. Personally, I have no issues if its done like that.
Yes, but the "SR" stands for "Super Resolution". It would make ZERO sense to name it "FSR3" by adding interpolation.

Just to be clear, and going from memory: FSR = FidelityFX Super Resolution.

Regards.