[SOLVED] AMD TR3990X OC power consumption

Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone!
I plan to build a workstation on the base of TR3990X with max overclocking that I can possibly get on WC loop with mora 9x140.
And I thinking would it be enough power with PSU like Seasonic 1300W (gold or platinum)? Or I should look at models with 1600W, 2000 W, or even 2x PSUs?
system:
3990x @4+GHz OC
Asus Zenith
256GB
3080 RTX
10xHDD + ext.raid controller
13x 140 fans
2x D5 pump

Solution
I don't think you need 2 PSU's for the build. It's a good idea to list out all your components for both the watercooling side and the hardware(components) side. As for calculating TDP and power draw, you can look in the watercooling sticky to find the formula for understanding how much power would be needed for the system and how much heat you'll be dumping from the CPU's end.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't think you need 2 PSU's for the build. It's a good idea to list out all your components for both the watercooling side and the hardware(components) side. As for calculating TDP and power draw, you can look in the watercooling sticky to find the formula for understanding how much power would be needed for the system and how much heat you'll be dumping from the CPU's end.

Solution
Sep 23, 2020
Lutfij
Hm, i wrote most of the critical hardware which is in pc. And IMHO most crucial is CPU power consumption on overclocking.
But I think I solve trouble with 2KW PSU like superflower leadex 8pack (if i can find it in stock :))

TRENDING THREADS