AMD Unbelieve temperature

timekiller

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hi
i have amd 5 ryzen 1600x with motherboard Asrock x370 gaming k4 and ram g.skill ripjaws v 2400mhz and psu evga 650w g3. My cpu do have a cooler yet. But it gets so much hot even in bios that it shut down itself is it normal with amd for getting this muhc even in bios?? whats more due to this i can not even install windows because it gets too hot and restart itself. Is cpu cooler a must with the AMD or there is something else with my chip. and if i have to get a cpu cooler what should i get??
Best Regards

Solution
As stated you need to have a cooler installed. You can see if your system posts (ie beeps and turns on) without one when troubleshooting but it should be immediately shut down. Doing anything longer can damage your CPU.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Actually you can start a PC without a CPU heat sink safely BUT it should only be long enough to POST and immediately shut off. No bios or running of any software. Turn on, hear beeps, turn off. Absolutely no more than that or damage is very possible. Can be used as a troubleshooting mechanism to see if your PC will turn on but that is it. going into bios is a VERY VERY bad idea without a heat sink.

Thanks atomicWAR..I have learned something new...Still, I would be way to scared to test my CPU and hope to shut it down before it posts..

TRENDING THREADS